Head Still

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have not said if its when putting, on the fairway or off the tee. Apart from putting I doubt if your head moves. It is more likely to be you rising from the shot early. I always used to mutter 'head still' until I tried to move my head whilst holding a position and then I realised I was not moving my head but my whole upper half.

alex57834

Club Champion
Visit site
Off the fairway and I have fat shots as-well so it would be better to keep my head still and all the rest will fall into place.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It's virtually impossible to keep your head STILL but you should aim to keep movement to a minimum. Rather than think 'head still' you might find it more useful to make sure you keep your eye on the ball throughout the swing. This simple tip will help with better ball striking.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Any good drills to keep my head still and tell me how much I should be practising the drill.

Yep. Stand with your head holding a bunch of books against a wall and try to make a golf swing.

You will find it's impossible! Then go find a few videos of Anika Sorenstam - or David Duval - and see that they didn't exactly have a still head, yet got to be World #1s!

'Keep your head still' is probably the worst piece of advice that can ever be given!

Though keeping head movement 'under control' is a pretty good tip. And - as previously posted - it's often not the head that is actually doing the 'real' moving about.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not that I know anything, but isn't it the case that if your head is still that this is an indicator of remaining centred, thus hitting the ball more consistently?