Have you ever played my course?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Few people mentioned Oake... Biggest complaint we hear is of the greens. I like it though.
It was very wet when I played there, but I liked the course.

We were forced to hire trolley's with hedgehog tyres. Nothing on their website warned us of this, otherwise I would have brought my carry bag.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
And what did you think?

Even if you haven't, put your club down and see what others think of it!

Taunton and Pickeridge.
We have a very good reputation around here, but would be interested as to what others thought.

I've played your course a few times, quite liked it.

One of the better courses in the area i think, i've played Oake, Enmore and Taunton Vale

Favourite hole is the 7th & 17th

It does seem a bit quieter than the other clubs, easier to get a game, perhaps its location.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
And what did you think?

Taunton and Pickeridge.
We have a very good reputation around here, but would be interested as to what others thought.

Have played Pickeridge quiet a few times as only live 10 mins away. I think i prefered the old set up of the course when the 10th was the shot around the corner. have also had a couple of lessons from the pro and he gave good instruction. Would join if i wasnt allready a member at Enmore.

Joff

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've played your course a few times, quite liked it.

One of the better courses in the area i think, i've played Oake, Enmore and Taunton Vale

Favourite hole is the 7th & 17th

It does seem a bit quieter than the other clubs, easier to get a game, perhaps its location.
Quiet... You were lucky. 620 members it's not often quiet. As for liking the 7th and 17th... Wow! Card wreckers!

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And what did you think?

Taunton and Pickeridge.

I have played it , starts out as not much for 1st 2 holes then gets better and better , built on an old mining area and a lot of the fairways are far from flat

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2010 course , dont bother , its just long and a few nice holes but its just a field with Ryder cup attached to it , Enjoyed the Vale down the road with 2 playable courses ...................not played the others ............East Devon is one i want to play , its much like my home course Parkstone GC here in Poole Dorset .........................EYG

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played Taunton and Pickeridge Saturday
And East Devon yesterday.
Both courses are in great condition,IMO East Devon is
Just a great course,very good greens,not overly quick
But very true rolling.
Best of all are the views just spectacular.
If your down the Exeter area don't miss this one out.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played 2 rounds at Farnham yesterday in the "Farnham Silver Frigate" £50 for 3 rounds (2 competitive and a courtesy round - though I couldn't find time time to fit in the courtesy round) with coffee/tea & Bacon butty on arrival, lasagne chips and garlic bread lunch then sandwiches and cake in the evening.

Course was in superb condition, greens were a little slower than I'm used to but truer greens will be hard to come by. I don't know who had upset the greenkeeper but the course couldn't possibly have played any longer with every tee pushed to the limit and the flags similarly pushed to the backs of all but 2 greens.

Top course, SwingsItLikeHogan is a lucky boy to play it week-in-week-out, £50 for 36 holes and food is great value if you get a chance get and play it!

Personal highlight was a cumulative 1under on 17 and 18 parring 17 both times with a par and birdie on 18!

Joff

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played Taunton and Pickeridge Saturday
And East Devon yesterday.
Both courses are in great condition,IMO East Devon is
Just a great course,very good greens,not overly quick
But very true rolling.
Best of all are the views just spectacular.
If your down the Exeter area don't miss this one out.
You're a bloody ex member! I know you've played it! ;D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Who is played my home course. Ladybank.

I played it and liked I, but didn't love it as everyone I know raved about it, so built it up too much in my own head.

I liked Downfield more, the Scottish lads look at me like I have two heads when I say that. How do you compare Downfield to your course?

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
I played it and liked I, but didn't love it as everyone I know raved about it, so built it up too much in my own head.

I liked Downfield more, the Scottish lads look at me like I have two heads when I say that. How do you compare Downfield to your course?

Not played a downfield for over 15 years but what I can remember it had a lot of nice holes. It has suffered over the past few years with the weather and a reducing membership.

Ladybank is always in good condition, still has a waiting list, over 900 members, opens always oversubscribed, says it all really.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not played a downfield for over 15 years but what I can remember it had a lot of nice holes. It has suffered over the past few years with the weather and a reducing membership.

Ladybank is always in good condition, still has a waiting list, over 900 members, opens always oversubscribed, says it all really.

I've read that a lot about Downfield (not great in bad weather), but we played it in June, and it was great. Ladybank was in great nick in the October though, but I liked more of the holes at Downfield.