Have Odyssey lost the plot.

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Players with the yips try belly putters and broomhandles - so why has everyone got it in for the chipper? If you struggle from just off the green ANYTHING'S worth a go, surely.
Thanks for your time

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are yipping with a chipping club, might be best to give up.....

Putting (short ones) is a delicate operation.....chips are hardly the same. I still don't actually see what is different between a chipper and a 7 or 8 iron?? You take the club away and try not to scuff it, you can use a putter swing if you like....

???

Dave

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two points

1) You are all so far out on this one with your damning condemnation of the chipper that I actually find it quite frighteningly blinkered. I have played with countless golfers for whom the chipper would comfortably make the most sensible option around the greens given their complete inability to make anything approaching a decent attempt with any lofted club. The chipper is a simple effective way for many golfers to reduce their scores overnight by allowing them to generate a little bit of loft while using essentially their putting stroke. I don't carry one because my short game is the one thing that saves my game; but almost every week I play with someone crying out for a chipper. Whether you'd want to pay £90 for one is another matter.

2) Regarding two-faced chippers I'm afraid they do not count as two clubs in your bag, they are simply illegal - end of story. So anyone who buys one is wasting their money if they want to play legal, competitive golf.

Thank you for listening...

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are all so far out on this one with your damning condemnation of the chipper that I actually find it quite frighteningly blinkered. I have played with countless golfers for whom the chipper would comfortably make the most sensible option around the greens given their complete inability to make anything approaching a decent attempt with any lofted club. The chipper is a simple effective way for many golfers to reduce their scores overnight by allowing them to generate a little bit of loft while using essentially their putting stroke.

OK, I listened, you have a point. Put this way, it's hard to argue.

Case awarded to Furyk.....walks off with tail between legs!

Dave