Have a Great Winter My Friends

Hoganman1

Visit site
Well, it's in the 50s (F) here in Charlotte NC USA today. Cold weather is right around the corner. I couldn't help but think about all of you across the pond. As said before, I was fortunate to have spent some time in Scotland in July and the weather was as amazing as the local people we met. Being of Scottish descent, I really felt at home. I know the Scots are hardy people but I also know that during Winter many of you have to put away the clubs until Spring. I cannot help but feel a little guilty the we in the colonies can play year round. Anyway, I wish you all a mild season so you can get out and play this wonderful game we all love.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, it's in the 50s (F) here in Charlotte NC USA today. Cold weather is right around the corner. I couldn't help but think about all of you across the pond. As said before, I was fortunate to have spent some time in Scotland in July and the weather was as amazing as the local people we met. Being of Scottish descent, I really felt at home. I know the Scots are hardy people but I also know that during Winter many of you have to put away the clubs until Spring. I cannot help but feel a little guilty the we in the colonies can play year round. Anyway, I wish you all a mild season so you can get out and play this wonderful game we all love.
Not the same up North East/Mid West USA, the snow is knee high all winter in many states

TigerBear

Visit site

Don't feel sorry for us my friend, Scottish winters doesn't stop me from playing our beautiful game!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice of you to think of us. Although we may moan a lot, we'll be fine. A little damp around the edges maybe, and perhaps a little chilly at times, but we'll continue to play.
Enjoy your sunny weather.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I live in the South West of England, it is all year round golf here, although sometimes swinging with 5 layers on one's top gets a bit difficult. Temps still around 18 degrees here (65F).
I remember one year on the 8th of February at Dawlish lying on the beach sunbathing whilst my kids were swimming in the sea.

Hoganman1

Visit site
My apologies. I thought the Winters in Scotland were pretty rough. My son used to live in Wisconsin and they rarely play from November until March. I guess I misjudged just how hardy you all are as well as how cold it gets in the land of my ancestors. Please forgive me. I stand corrected.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My apologies. I thought the Winters in Scotland were pretty rough. My son used to live in Wisconsin and they rarely play from November until March. I guess I misjudged just how hardy you all are as well as how cold it gets in the land of my ancestors. Please forgive me. I stand corrected.

No it is just the Scottish who are pretty rough:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(retires to a safe distance)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Only thing that will stop us playing is the heaviest of rain, the strongest of winds, the thickest fog or snow....
I think the course has been closed for 3 days in the last 5 years.....