Handicap increase despite shooting below (net par)

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

I suspect I know the answer, but I'll lay out the scenario.

I don't play competition golf, but instead record all rounds on the EG app with another player attesting them.

I played yesterday off 8.6 but only 8 shots given according to the app when I started my round. I shot a +6 gross round (IE 2 under) so was expecting a small cut, instead I went up .3 to 8.9

my assumption is that other scores were put in that day by other members and the course was playing easier that usual.

any thoughts/input greatly appreciated.

YandaB

Visit site
How many cards do have ? It could be that your average no longer has an extra shot taken off as you only have a few scores or that your 21st score was a really good one and dropped out.

D

Deleted member 18121

How many cards do have ? It could be that your average no longer has an extra shot taken off as you only have a few scores or that your 21st score was a really good one and dropped out.

I've put in 17 cards since I got the app in April.

D

Deleted member 18121

It's how many you've got since Jan 2018... not since you got the App.
17... I stopped playing competition golf quite some time ago and only since the app came live did I start to record scores again.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Hi all

I don't play competition golf, but instead record all rounds on the EG app with another player attesting them.

I played yesterday off 8.6 but only 8 shots given according to the app when I started my round. I shot a +6 gross round (IE 2 under) so was expecting a small cut, instead I went up .3 to 8.9

my assumption is that other scores were put in that day by other members and the course was playing easier that usual.

Most probably a course rating lower than par, which could account for a -2 being a +1 or +2 over Handicap

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the picture posted above tells you.

now you have 17 cards in, it averages your lowest 7 score differentials and pops out a number.

until you get 20 scores in the system, your Index will fluctuate a little bit.

also, I imagine course rating for the new place is probably under whatever par is, so although you only shot +6, the differential could be 8 or 9, so index can likely increase.
Par is largely irrelevant for handicap purposes. Use course rating as your guide.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all

As you only have 17 scores your index will be the average of the best 6.
See post #4