Great Putters, do you know one?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my friends, who I play with in opens, sometimes seems like a magician with a putter. The first time I met her was last season when she beat me in an interclub match, although I was a lot better than her from tee to green, she did it on and around the green. We became friends and played in a lot of opens together late season, he putting is always superb, her judgement of line and pace is spot on and she is not afraid to putt from 30 or more yards from the green.

We played together today and she took it to another level, she birdied on hole by holing a putt from 40 yards of the green, on another she didn't fancy chipping over a bunker so knocked sideways then holed an steep uphill putt from off the green from around 30 feet for a par. These on top of routinely holing several putts of between 6 & 12 feet.

Sadly for her, her long game is rather erratic and she is rubbish from bunkers.

Last edited:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
magician with a putter, long game is rather erratic

I view myself this way but my lack of recent putting experience on a green does not bear this out... leaving me with very little game!

Back in "the day" I would say anything inside 6 feet is "my range" and I stand over them with beaming confidence.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Playing partner CVG is the best putter in the world.......

on our 7th green from about 30+ feet.
You can almost put your house on him holing it or lagging to an inch or two.

Anywhere else on the course and he's absolutely shocking!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Putting has always been my strongest suit, although it occasionally comes and goes, but thankfully not for very long when it does go.

*I put it down to when I was a nipper I spent hours and hours putting on our lawn to a baked bean tin. I remember summer nights with the light almost gone and I'd been out there ages but still wouldn't come in.

**Oh aye, and Dad would thrash me with a horsewhip if I didn't hole ten out of ten.

Try and tell that to folk today...:D

* Completely true.

**May not be entirely true.