Grazie Vale

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
One of the true legends of Motorsport, or indeed any sport, raced his last MotoGP race yesterday.
He started in 1996 in 125 over that 26 years has had 9 world titles and has produced some amazing stats.
Valentino Rossi: facts, stats and trivia
Valentino Rossi has transformed MotoGP, helped make it into the global brand it is and has raced at the top level for 26 years.
His following over the world is incredible (the sea of yellow at every MotoGP race is testimony to this) and he has inspired many current and future world champions.
He has worked to produce many great riders from his own "ranch" who are now littering the MotoGP grid,
The end of an epic era.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
IMO he is the Tiger of the biking world, even my mother knows who he is & what he's achieved and happily he's retired out of choice rather than be forced out by injury which is more common in our sport.
For sure. And although he's retired from motorcycle racing his legacy carries on with his VR46 programme and teams.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on with his move to 4 wheels (although I know he's already done quite a bit).

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I see he's been officially now listed as a MotoGP Legend. Hardly surprising. I thought they may retire the famous Number 46 but in the past he says he prefers it not to be retired.

They might not officially retire it, but who would want it? You'd either get slaughtered for your arrogance or your inability to live up to the previous owner; no thanks.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
They might not officially retire it, but who would want it? You'd either get slaughtered for your arrogance or your inability to live up to the previous owner; no thanks.

Exactly, one person fit to have the number in the past 20 years and sadly Marco is no longer with us, those 2 should have been team mates, that would have been epic!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I see he's been officially now listed as a MotoGP Legend. Hardly surprising. I thought they may retire the famous Number 46 but in the past he says he prefers it not to be retired.
Robster59;..Get him up to yours for a game and see how quickly he goes round?
Sorry, trying to work up some interest in Q.O S vs ICT onBBC Scot.-getting bored:oops::giggle:
Yeah, he is one of the biggest names to have graced the track, but admit to a liking to the Fog and his personality-as seen on TV shows!
Did you ever meet him?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was lucky to meet him at the pinnacle of his career when they were giving him secret tests in F1 cars. He was pretty reasonable as well , and was a nice guy.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Robster59;..Get him up to yours for a game and see how quickly he goes round?
Sorry, trying to work up some interest in Q.O S vs ICT onBBC Scot.-getting bored:oops::giggle:
Yeah, he is one of the biggest names to have graced the track, but admit to a liking to the Fog and his personality-as seen on TV shows!
Did you ever meet him?
Ah, Carl Fogarty. My hero when he was THE MAN in World Superbikes. A great rider and a great era in WSB. Sadly I've never met either but my missus has a photo of herself with Scott Redding taken at the MotoGP at Silverstone a few years ago.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ah, Carl Fogarty. My hero when he was THE MAN in World Superbikes. A great rider and a great era in WSB. Sadly I've never met either but my missus has a photo of herself with Scott Redding taken at the MotoGP at Silverstone a few years ago.

Is he still with DUCATI?
AND(more to the point) is the photograph fit tor publication in these hallowed pages:giggle:;)??
How's the game going?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Is he still with DUCATI?
AND(more to the point) is the photograph fit tor publication in these hallowed pages:giggle:;)??
How's the game going?
Ducati binned him at the end of the season, so he's now going to race for BMW in WSB.
The photo is definitely OK lol.
Game is not too bad. Up & Down. Out with half set last weekend and getting used to hitting older irons. It's quite fun really. How's yours?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ducati binned him at the end of the season, so he's now going to race for BMW in WSB.
The photo is definitely OK lol.
Game is not too bad. Up & Down. Out with half set last weekend and getting used to hitting older irons. It's quite fun really. How's yours?
Will the races be televised this year?
As for the game was up for a few earlier with a mix Wilson D20s and (drum roll) 3 and 4 iron Titleist DCIs from the early 90s-weirdly the 3 iron is the same length as my Wilson 5iron:confused:
Was hitting well-after lesson last week ( no shermans, thank the lord).Out 9.30 Wed prob bloody freezing and icy-IDIOT...Weather better Thurs so will maybe try 18 then-unless either seeing head shrink OR getting another lesson:LOL: Weird bloody game, why put myself thro' it-heidcase:whistle:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Will the races be televised this year?
As for the game was up for a few earlier with a mix Wilson D20s and (drum roll) 3 and 4 iron Titleist DCIs from the early 90s-weirdly the 3 iron is the same length as my Wilson 5iron:confused:
Was hitting well-after lesson last week ( no shermans, thank the lord).Out 9.30 Wed prob bloody freezing and icy-IDIOT...Weather better Thurs so will maybe try 18 then-unless either seeing head shrink OR getting another lesson:LOL: Weird bloody game, why put myself thro' it-heidcase:whistle:
:censored::censored: ;)