GOT DONE FOR SPEEDING !! AND GOT OFF LIGHTLY hehe

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was unfortunate to get caught speeding in Newcastle on the same night the beat Middlesbrough 11th May this year and got the letter in asking me to identify myself as the driver. My license had only got 'clean' 3 months before this date. When I looked back I noticed that everytime my points come off I get a top up within 3 months each time.

I wrote back admitting I was the driver and explained how vital my license is to me. I apologizing for my lapse in concentration and explained I drive in excess of 45,000 miles a year and pride myself on being a safe and courteous driver and what did I get .............

only an offer to pay £60 and go for a 4 hour speed awareness course which would erase my fine and more importantly NIL POINTS NADA ZILCK HEE HAW !!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA

I love Northumbria Police ;)

Have you ever dodge a speeding ticket and if so HOW????

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A story my mother loves to tell, in the late 80's my parents drove a Lada Riva and Mum was pulled over doing 50 odd on a 50 zone.

Anyway the cop had a chat to her but didn't report her because of the stick he would have got back at the station for pulling a speeding Lada!!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've only been done once, when I were a strappling, and I've most definitely learned my lesson. £200 fine and 4 points for doing 97mph on the A9 in Perthshire about 17 years ago.

Lucky I threw the anchor out the back when I spotted the police car or I would have had the licence taken away. The bobbies nearly pissed themselves when I told them I was a lawyer too. I looked about 12 at the time.

I am now Captain Slow.

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speed limits are there for a reason, your attitude is adolescent and you'd be better and other road users safer if you confined your driving to the golf course.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
NJD, I drive an average of 45,000 miles a year and have been done once in 5 years. Thats once in 200,000 miles which equates to the average driver (10,000 miles per annum) being done once every 20 years. I think I can safely say I am a responsible driver.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
NJD, I drive an average of 45,000 miles a year and have been done once in 5 years. Thats once in 200,000 miles which equates to the average driver (10,000 miles per annum) being done once every 20 years. I think I can safely say I am a responsible driver.

Nothing responsible about being done even once, although it may have MADE you more responsible as a result,... in which case there's an argument for pulling over more people that speed :p

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm pleased you got a good result - not too costly for you.
I'm guessing it wasn't the most "naughty" of speeds (best not to say!).

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dave, I was doing 36 in a 30 zone. And it was a camera.

My problem is the fact that using cameras dont actually stop the person doing wrong. If a drunk driver tears past a speed camera he will get a fixed penalty but if he was pulled by the police he would be banned and possibly that action could avoid him having an accident and maybe even killng someone.

I know I shouldn't have been speeding but on the odd occassion you make an error of judgement.

DCB

Visit site
I'm afraid some of the attitudes expressed here just don't add up. There is no-one in this country with a valid driving licence who has not broken the speed limit at some time or other. The only difference is that they have not been caught ....yet !

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm afraid some of the attitudes expressed here just don't add up. There is no-one in this country with a valid driving licence who has not broken the speed limit at some time or other. The only difference is that they have not been caught ....yet !

Well said. I agree.

I live on a road that has a 30 mph speed limit, but is one of the main arteries into the town centre.

Some folk travel along here at 30, some at 30-40 ish and some at 65.
I hate speeding and dangerous driving of any sort.....but if I was to stop someone at 36 mph, I'd probably say, "thanks for making the effort to go slow".....the little sh**s who do 50+ and up to 65mph, well, after crushing their cars, I'd happily take a gun to their heads. That is how strongly I feel. Kids have died, folk can't get across and it's dangerous. No-one is whiter than white......small misdemeanours should be treated sensibly (like in this case) without punitive financial implications or excessive license points.
Those that make no effort and/or knowingly travel at crazy speeds should lose the right to drive for a long a possible in a "free" society.

:D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Couldn't agree more.
trouble is if you disqualify them from driving its not going to stop them.
A while back in our local rag a "yoof" was in court charged with driving while disqualified. Found guilty and - guess what - disqualified from driving.

Well it didn't work first time why the the hell do they think its going to work this time?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
A colleague plays rugby with a copper who radared a young guy doing 120 in a 40 limit and all the kid wanted to know was if he could get a picture on his phone of the reading on the gun.

He even asked the policeman how uch he owed him in way of a fine? He said his Father bought him the Merc and would pay the ticket.

He got 30 days and 2 year ban with a resit.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree. A sad inditement is that most "yoofs" don't actually have a licence or insurance anyway and the car is eithet nicked or borrowed from daddy. Even those that saly kill innocent road users and pedestrians hardly get what you'd call deterrent sentences.

I don't condone speeding but I'm acutely aware everyone has done it. If you are a seasoned driver as madandra is then you know the risks and that a fine or ban may follow which could impact employment. You take the chance and live with the results.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I can't afford to get any points. As a Driving Instructor if I get 5 points or more they can kick me off the register and that's my career down the tube.
So most of the time I'm on the limit or just under. And anyone who wants to go faster than me just has to deal with it. I do edge over from time to time as we all do but only out of town where the "grace" limit is fractionally higher.