Golfs The Game Ebook

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Does anyone else’s pro use this?

There is an eBook of your lesson details that requires Microsoft Sliverlight which is now defunct.

I was wondering if anyone had found a way to make it work before I ask my pro about it.
Cheers

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The Golf Lab in Canary Wharf used to use it until they closed, but I've never known or used another place or pro who has.

I liked it, but for some reason it's not widely used.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
FWIW, That product seems to have been developed by GASP Systems who are based in Devon
Contact details
Stephen Gould
Clifton Hill Driving Range, Belmont Road,
Exeter, Devon EX1 2DJ | Email: support@gaspsystems.com
Phone 01392 426 161

They should have developed (or commissioned) a replacement long ago, as Silverlight's demise was announced in 2013.
And something that might bring bit of cheer... Ceasing support for Silverlight may not mean it's no longer usable, just that there'll be no bug fixes nor further development. I'm not familiiar with the product, but that's certainly how it works for some MS products.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I was using it later than 2013 for sure.
Indeed, announcements of 'removal of support' of software are often announced significantly ahead of the actual date. Versions of MsDos, Windows and he like are examples. As I posted above, that doesn't necessarily mean that the product will become unusable from then, but it could, and changes to any 'connected' software could stop working, with significant affect.
That long lead time is meant to allow users to plan and migrate/convert their systems to a different environment.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve got hold of the silverlight install but it still doesn’t work. Maybe I need an older version of IE too ??‍♂️

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have thanks. ??
Hopefully, he/she (I wouldn't be surprised if his wife was the 'developer') was able to help.
Any conversion involved may be trivial/simply/tricky/complicated, so good luck!
Happy to be PM-ed if you need more.