GolfNow

Fabia999

Visit site
Has anybody used Golf now? If so, have you had any problems with it? I know they have ads on the golf channel but have a 1.1 star review on trust pilot.
I want to book a round for the weekend but not sure whether to use them or not.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Used them loads, never had a problem. They were even happy to give a credit for a tee-time that was supposedly non-refundable and non-changeable (I was injured and couldn't play).

AdamW

Visit site
Use them lots to go on expensive / nice courses which are usually £50 a round but through their website get to play for £15-20

Never had an issue.

Great way to play lots of courses

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
They’re excellent - good access to some members courses at good prices. As somebody who can’t commit to membership, it’s a good handy option to check tee time availability in my local area. Always at a good discount to the tee times listed on each courses own website too.

TigerTime

Visit site
Has anybody used Golf now? If so, have you had any problems with it? I know they have ads on the golf channel but have a 1.1 star review on trust pilot.
I want to book a round for the weekend but not sure whether to use them or not.

That's who I use and never had any issues with them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use it all the time to book cheaper green fees at a number of courses. Slightly less on there since Covid unfortunately, but they're still my first port of call when I want to play a round and I'm looking for a good deal. The only downside is you have to pay up front, so you can only do it if you're sure the weather's decent, or if you're happy to play regardless.

As I say, in the pre-Covid world there were loads of bargains, you could play a round for £25 when their normal green fee is £40-45 in some cases.

In fact, post-Covid you can only get on my course (which is a public course) through GolfNow - because they had no other online booking system before, and they decided it all has to be done through there now.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Use it quite regularly never had any issues, I sometimes call the club and see if they will do that deal rather than pay GN and all have said yes and I just give the payment direct to the club on the day

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
You'd think clubs would rather you pay them direct wouldn't you...
I looked at GolfNow / Tee off Times earlier in the year, 18 quid. Walked into the pro shop, 25 quid. "Oh sorry I just saw it online for 18,can I pay that direct to you?"
"No, 25 quid, if you want 18 you have to book that online"...

At the same time, a member came in with a guest, the pro asked for the money but the member told him he'd already paid on GolfNow as it was cheaper ?

I couldn't get an Internet signal so just walked out and went home.
Lunacy.
Whilst recognising your concern there sometimes be good reasons for clubs adopting this policy. Very often clubs agree to give GolfNow free tee times each day as part of the contract with BRS. Very often GolfNow will sell these times at a lower rate in order to ensure they sell. If the club was then to offer the same price to those turning up at the Pro Shop Golf Now would still retain the one free time. Certainly, our club adopts this policy but only allows GolfNow to offer that free one tee a day at a dicounted rate.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'd think clubs would rather you pay them direct wouldn't you...
I looked at GolfNow / Tee off Times earlier in the year, 18 quid. Walked into the pro shop, 25 quid. "Oh sorry I just saw it online for 18,can I pay that direct to you?"
"No, 25 quid, if you want 18 you have to book that online"...

At the same time, a member came in with a guest, the pro asked for the money but the member told him he'd already paid on GolfNow as it was cheaper ?

I couldn't get an Internet signal so just walked out and went home.
Lunacy.
I've had the same when I've asked as well - I don't understand why they'd rather take a percentage of the fee instead of the whole amount. I've seen people on here before saying that clubs honour the Golf Now price, but the ones we've asked don't. Especially if you manage to get the Hot Deal time on there, because I believe clubs get zero from them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the above comments I wonder if Golfnow occasionally send in secret shoppers to test whether clubs are trying to bypass the system and that is why clubs do not attempt to match them? It might put them in breach of contract or similar?

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I have found good prices on golf now plenty of times. I always phone the pro shop and tell them the price and ask them to match it. Out of about 20 different clubs only 1 has not agreed. Can negotiate a bit on the time too I found.

Fabia999

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, tried to book using them this morning but just kept getting an error saying I have input an invalid character, so i went to the clubs website and booked the same time slot for the same price, and didn't have an admin fee so it was slightly cheaper.