golfnow.com

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I've used it loads over the years. Make sure you check it against the club's actual website though. Sometimes I thought I was getting a bargain at 35 + £1 booking fee, but then it turns out the club's own website was offering that time at £35 anyway - minus the booking fee, haha. I think a few years ago you used to get much better bargains than you do now though. It's still a good tool for finding new courses in your surrounding area that you haven't played before.

peld

Visit site
as other have touched on, I thought if clubs give GolfNow a tee time each day, they provide BRS to the club for free? e.g. if on average they sold a time for £20 for 300 days they'd make £6k, plus the £1 booking fee for other times.
So i think both the clubs and GolfNow benefit from the arrangements.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Once i spotted a deal on golfnow i would normally phone the pro shop and ask if they would match it. Usually can get a better time for the same price.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I have booked hot deals many times and never had to join another group.
That's never happened to me either.

I've booked many times with Golf Now. It's very convenient, often cheaper and I've never had a problem. I even called them to ask if I could cancel a non-cancellable, non-refundable tee time (my PP was injured) - they said 'Yes', much to my surprise. Great service.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Hot Deals always has a small print by it saying you may be matched with someone else. It will only happen if somebody else books the same Hot Deal on the same day as you though, so it's just pot luck. If you book a Hot Deal for two people, it will still have two slots available to sell to others.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
We've never been paired up with anyone else - although first time we used GolfNow last year another two ball booked the same slot as us - starter at the course (Kirriemuir) asked us if we'd rather play with the other two or go on our own.

I like GolfNow - the ease of use of clicking on a tee time on a webpage or an app as opposed to phoning a golf club and asking if they have any offers/trying to negotiate a deal is a no brainer.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use GolfNow for the convenience of booking. Good example I want to play on Bank Holiday Monday in the Great Malvern area, most of the nice close clubs don't do online bookings and being a bank holiday will probably have lots of members out and may not be allowing visitors at all. So to save me a few phone calls I used GolfNow to book one of their hot deals.