golfnow.com

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is this site a good way to book tee times, at courses you don’t know?

They only seem to offer one or two tee times per day, but at discounted rates. Sounds good but would welcome feedback from actual experiences.

Or are there other, better, third party sites?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It works well enough.
it’s usually off peak times offered at discounted price,but I’ve found sometimes it’s pretty much the same price as booking direct with the club & you then get more tee times to choose from.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I've used them a few times when I was on holiday in Ireland last month. Got some cracking deals. You are restricted with times but there are some good deals. If there's a particular course you want and can't get a time to suit phone the club direct on the off chance.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wouldn't use a site like this, the very rare occasion I'd be booking any times I'd deal with the club direct, why give money to 3rd parties, rather the club had it

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't use a site like this, the very rare occasion I'd be booking any times I'd deal with the club direct, why give money to 3rd parties, rather the club had it
I think the club do get the money and golf now get a booking fee. If I remember right it's a pound booking fee. Plus its easier than phoning several courses to check availability.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've used them a number of times. There is no catch, it works smoothly and well. Do it on the app, it keeps everything neatly in one place.

As it happens, I'm about to book a tee time where the course states a green fee of £70 and golf now can offer it from 2pm onwards most days at £36, not the hot deal incidentally. Why wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've used them a number of times. There is no catch, it works smoothly and well. Do it on the app, it keeps everything neatly in one place.

As it happens, I'm about to book a tee time where the course states a green fee of £70 and golf now can offer it from 2pm onwards most days at £36, not the hot deal incidentally. Why wouldn't you?

Thank you. Am I correct in thinking that when it offers a ‘hot deal‘ at a specific tee time, that is the only tee time I can book through them? They aren’t offering other slots at a higher price, but which I’m overlooking?

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site

Thank you. You’ve answered my next question there. I wasn’t clear if the ‘hot deal’ was the ONLY tee time available, but clearly not. I need to get my head around the app.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

No brainier.
Think we paid about £15 to play Oulton hall when it was tee off times.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank you. You’ve answered my next question there. I wasn’t clear if the ‘hot deal’ was the ONLY tee time available, but clearly not. I need to get my head around the app.
Yes, the hot deal is the cheapest deal but not the only deal. The regular price might be the same as going through the club, it might be cheaper. At some places the price will vary throughout the day. Morning will be full price, after midday gets cheaper, after 3pm it gets cheaper again. This isn't right for all places but it gives you an idea.

The app is simple to use, you can look at courses in a particular area as well as specific courses.

Keep firing the questions through. Once you get used to it you will realise how simple it is.

The Fader

Visit site
My understanding is that some clubs "give" a daily tee time to Golfnow rather than paying for listings.

Anything Golfnow get for that tee time is theirs. These are usually the tee times that end up as hot deals because if they are not taken, Golfnow end up with no renumeration. I have
seen them get cheaper as the unsold tee time approaches.

As others have said, good system that works very well.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I always ring up the club, tell them the deal I've seen on GN, and ask if they will match it? I've only ever had one place say "No, just use the app". I booked thru the app, and when I got to the club, the guy in the pro shop was a certifiable nutcase.

I ended up joining up with a member who told me the guy shuts the shop at 3pm every day, so if I want to play, just turn up after 3 and walk on! I've never done so - all the tee times after 3pm are a straight tenner, I'd rather some money went to the club, even if the guy can't be arsed to run it properly.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thank you. Am I correct in thinking that when it offers a ‘hot deal‘ at a specific tee time, that is the only tee time I can book through them? They aren’t offering other slots at a higher price, but which I’m overlooking?
This is my take although I stand to be corrected.

Golf Now deals cannot be cancelled and no money goes to The Club. They are linked to BRS and I thought The Club could “buy out the contract” for around £3000. Our Club are looking at this but do not see what there is to be gained unless your club is continually full with visitors. They tend to charge what the average is in the area and last year a visitor could get on our place for around £20 compared to a green fee of over £40

The rates are cheaper and sometimes there are times available during the morning. Overall highly recommended with the downside being non cancelable.

The other thing to consider is whether The Club you want to visit accepts The County Card. Also explain to The Club Golf now are charging say £35 and would they be interested in charging sat £30!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This is my take although I stand to be corrected.

Golf Now deals cannot be cancelled and no money goes to The Club. They are linked to BRS and I thought The Club could “buy out the contract” for around £3000. Our Club are looking at this but do not see what there is to be gained unless your club is continually full with visitors. They tend to charge what the average is in the area and last year a visitor could get on our place for around £20 compared to a green fee of over £40

The rates are cheaper and sometimes there are times available during the morning. Overall highly recommended with the downside being non cancelable.

The other thing to consider is whether The Club you want to visit accepts The County Card. Also explain to The Club Golf now are charging say £35 and would they be interested in charging sat £30!

my understanding is it's just the Hot Deals where no money goes to the club. If you use the app correctly, you should see plenty other tee times which are not "hot deals". I've no idea what proportion of the revenue from those GN retains but it won't be 100%.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I have used Golf Now to book tee times, especially whilst away on holiday, actually booked on a couple of places whilst getting ready in the car park due to family commitments and keeping one eye on the weather.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
my understanding is it's just the Hot Deals where no money goes to the club. If you use the app correctly, you should see plenty other tee times which are not "hot deals". I've no idea what proportion of the revenue from those GN retains but it won't be 100%.
I think they take 20% from what I gather at our place

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
On The "hot deals" Golf now take the lot. Ring the course and see if they will match the "hot deal" for the time slot (which some clubs do) then the club will get the money.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
On The "hot deals" Golf now take the lot. Ring the course and see if they will match the "hot deal" for the time slot (which some clubs do) then the club will get the money.
The problem with that is there is still 4 places for that slot on hot deals. The last two rounds I've booked for two people we have been joined by another two for the same tee time.