Golfers Journal

Bert

Club Champion
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had subscribed to “The golfers journal” if so what is it like, it looks well made and would be a very interesting read. Also how much is the shipping to the uk? Thanks in advance.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I ordered a single issue (think it was issue 10) of golfers journal and its a fantastic magazine. Just wish you could buy it somewhere in the uk instead of paying the postage.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Haven't read it but tempted to start getting them myself. I get the links diary which is similar.

You can get it from here https://www.doubleplateaugc.com/the-golfers-journal based in the UK free shipping.

Thanks - didnt know you could get it in uk. Pricey though. Think £20 an issue is more than it costs to order from the states even with shipping cost from there. Mine was $26 including shipping which must be about 19 quid i think.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Haven't read it but tempted to start getting them myself. I get the links diary which is similar.

You can get it from here https://www.doubleplateaugc.com/the-golfers-journal based in the UK free shipping.

Was just looking at The Links Diary as an option to take away on hols with me next month. It's a fairly pricey print, is it worth it? By which I mean, is it like a GM magazine, or more short stories?

Bert

Club Champion
Visit site
I went for an issue of the links diary in the end. I would describe it as more of a book than a magazine. Lots of stories and excellent photos. It's brilliant.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was just looking at The Links Diary as an option to take away on hols with me next month. It's a fairly pricey print, is it worth it? By which I mean, is it like a GM magazine, or more short stories?

It's more stories about golf but not your mainstream stories. If your looking for something different it's worth it, and at £10.50 an issue it's not too badly priced. Their quarterly so I think it's a good deal, plus I'd keep them to reread later on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It looks lovely and lush and a proper coffee table tome but I am not sure I could justify £20 a month on it. If there was a special edition (and to be fair I didn't spend too long looking at the back issues) coming up then definitely. Alternatively if we get back to normalikty and can go away and laze by a pool it would be a great thing to take away

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a look at website. Looks like it taps into that current vogue in course design for more real and traditional style courses, and pure golfing experiences, like Bannon, Streaming and the rest. They offer a digital subscription for $60, about £45 a year, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mods - feel free to delete if inappropriate, but I run Double Plateau Golf Club and you can indeed get it through us :)

We have an agreement with the brands we stock in the US that we don't undercut them here, hence the £20 pricepoint (with free shipping).

Huge thanks to those that have purchased TGJ and anything else through our little site!

Jimbo

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It looks lovely and lush and a proper coffee table tome but I am not sure I could justify £20 a month on it. If there was a special edition (and to be fair I didn't spend too long looking at the back issues) coming up then definitely. Alternatively if we get back to normalikty and can go away and laze by a pool it would be a great thing to take away

It's a quarterly offering, not a monthly so would be only £80 over the year not £240. There not for everyone but I think they fill a void in the market, that the standard golf magazine don't delve into much and certainly not the depth that these quarterlys do.