Golf Souvenirs

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm off to France next weekend to play 3 rounds of golf - and thinking about what item I can look to get as a souvenir from each course.
I'm tempted to get the same thing from every course I play and slowly build up a collection (and back track to courses I've played previously too), alternativly I can get something different from each course.

What would you do/have you done when buying a souvenir from courses you've played?

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like to collect ball markers from courses I have played or visited for pro events. I find it is the easiest thing to get at most courses and doesn't take up too much room in the house. I also like to see the different type of marks that each course has. I collect from courses visited too, as most likely I wont get a chance to play there so its nice to have a souvenir to remember it by.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ball markers and scorecards are my bread and butter things to collect.
If the course has them I like to get a bag tag and ball with club crest and course planner.
If I am at a golf tournament I get a flag.

Its a pet hate of mine to forget to take a scorecard or two home with me or worse, sold out ball markers.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yup to markers and balls, also add pitch repairers

If the courses are nice the pencils & tees probably have the course name on them too, to go with the scorecard

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ball markers and pitch repairers. I played a top 100 course last year, loved it but the ball markers were cheap so I didn't get one. Hugely disappointed by that as I had no obvious memento.

It is one on lifes / golfs little pleasures to put my hand in my ball marker / repairer bag and see what little reminder I pull out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Did get a ball marker for a PP from one ? Birkdale think it was. It was a thing of beauty. Past winners of the open played there on it. Yardages for holes. Yup ball markers for me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i usually take a scorecard and yardage book if they do one, trouble with ball markers is always end up using it then lose it

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once upon a time I used to get the course planner, to use on the day and collect (and review etc).

Then, as with everything else it seems, I got to a point where a large box of old course planners was simply junk in the corner...and got chucked.

So I collect memories, not physical momentos, now

D

Deleted member 23344

Course planners for me ... fortunately most still do them despite GPS usage.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
A chap in the golf society recently passed away aged 83, been playing all over the place since he retired aged 65.
Went to his house after to sort out the computer for his wife and she gave me 7 picture frames full of ball markers from all over the world.

Her kids weren’t golfers and she was going to chuck them out

He played some wonderful courses all over the world.

Nice way to remember him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A chap in the golf society recently passed away aged 83, been playing all over the place since he retired aged 65.
Went to his house after to sort out the computer for his wife and she gave me 7 picture frames full of ball markers from all over the world.

Her kids weren’t golfers and she was going to chuck them out

He played some wonderful courses all over the world.

Nice way to remember him
Nice story. You going to put them up somewhere?