Golf Shoes - any good deals?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm looking for a pair of golf shoes for my Son in Law and looking to see if there are any good deals around. He's not looking for a particular brand but I just want to get him something decent.
Thanks in advance.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Slight update. My daughter says he has wide feet (like me) so that rules out most of the Adidas range (from my experience).
Don't know about all of the various models but my pair of Adidas SG2 shoes which I bought online from Auchterlonies in St Andrews for £42.50 last week are almost exactly as wide (or more accurately narrow) as my Nike Air Max 1G pair - both makes are on the narrow side.

TigerBear

Visit site
Slight update. My daughter says he has wide feet (like me) so that rules out most of the Adidas range (from my experience).

Tour 360 range spiked and spikeless come in wide fitting as does the codechaos range if you want something more snazzy

NedPizza

Visit site
Don't know about all of the various models but my pair of Adidas SG2 shoes which I bought online from Auchterlonies in St Andrews for £42.50 last week are almost exactly as wide (or more accurately narrow) as my Nike Air Max 1G pair - both makes are on the narrow side.
How did you size up the Nike compared to your usual shoe size. I'd love to order a pair but not sure about sizing. Seen posts where people have sized up others took normal size.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
How did you size up the Nike compared to your usual shoe size. I'd love to order a pair but not sure about sizing. Seen posts where people have sized up others took normal size.
They are my normal shoe sizes - I hate shoes being at all loose around my ankle/heel so that I feel like my sole is slipping about and they are excellent that way - when I say the Nikes are narrow they aren't majorly so - just a bit snugger than my running shoes/trainers.

NedPizza

Visit site
They are my normal shoe sizes - I hate shoes being at all loose around my ankle/heel so that I feel like my sole is slipping about and they are excellent that way - when I say the Nikes are narrow they aren't majorly so - just a bit snugger than my running shoes/trainers.
Brillant, thanks for the feedback. If you had to choose between Adidas and Nike which would to go for?
I'm looking at the Nike Air Max 1G or Adidas CodeChaos

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Brillant, thanks for the feedback. If you had to choose between Adidas and Nike which would to go for?
Don't know about the CodeChaos but I wore my Adidas SG2 yesterday while playing and had a sore(ish) back most of the day afterwards (there may have been other factors but my back definitely stiffened up by the time I got home from the course) - wore the Nike Air Max 1G this morning and no problem at all - they definitely have better support. That might be unique to me though.

One thing to factor - they are not waterproof.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site

Adidas Codechaos are waterproof. I’ve had a pair for most of last season. I like the Nike Air Max 1G and have them in the trainer version but no waterproof means I’m restricted when wearing them, for example and early morning with dew on the ground they are no good (unless your not straying off the fairway)

sunshine

Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback. In end I went for these at £20.00 off in Snaiton Golf.
Skechers GO GOLF Torque - Twist
I understand what you are saying ref the Adidas but I have wiiiiiiide feet and always struggle with the Adidas range.
Saying that I have a pair of Adidas Powerband Boa which have a wide toe area and are very comfortable.

How old is your son in law? Those shoes look like they are strictly for over 60’s.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
How old is your son in law? Those shoes look like they are strictly for over 60’s.
Well, purely subjective and I think that's a little extreme. Also, of no contributory value. He will be 30, and I ran them past my daughter to ensure he would like them. For him, given they live over 400 miles and I can't get to see him my preference were that would fit, are a good brand, waterproof and smart.

sunshine

Visit site
Well, purely subjective and I think that's a little extreme. Also, of no contributory value. He will be 30, and I ran them past my daughter to ensure he would like them. For him, given they live over 400 miles and I can't get to see him my preference were that would fit, are a good brand, waterproof and smart.

Maybe you could ask on this site if you're looking for reviews of those shoes: Home | Elderly Fall Prevention
;)

Seriously, I was trying to help you. But as long as he likes them that's all that matters (y)