Golf on arran

HPIMG

Visit site
I booked arran last night for the end of the month going for two nights with wife and wee boy. My boys 10 and just starting to really get into golf so thinking I could at most get 3 rounds in with him early in the morning so the wife doesn’t moan too much.
I’ve never been to Arran so looking for recommendations for the best 3 course out of the 7 on the island.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
They're all worth playing in their own right, the best three for me in no particular order would be Shiskine, Corrie and Lamlash.
But for a 10 year old maybe the shorter Whiting Bay or 9 hole Lochranza would a be better third course, although I'm not sure if Lochranza might have been changed to a pitch and putt?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haha
I cycled round (most of) arran today at the end of a sneaky couple of days in the bike around argyle.
I stopped off for a coffee at shiskin around 1030. It looked lovely, barely a one club breeze and sunny. Not sure I fancy that first tee shot though - a significant portion must end up on the beach.

The course that intrigued me most was Lamash (sp). It's a pretty long uphill from level with the clubhouse up the road on a bike, and then I looked to my right and saw that there are holes even higher up. It must be like playing the alps! Looked in decent knick though.

This weekend and tomorrow are the 3 days that count as summer I reckon, so enjoy!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I played Corrie yesterday too, beautiful but no fan of the layout. Would certainly be worried taking a little’un out there.

Hopefully playing Shiskine again today if we can get a time. Meeting another mate who randomly contacted me yesterday after seeing me post on Arran.

Was going to play Lamlash but looks a massively hilly hike. Shiskine is awesome.

HPIMG

Visit site
I played Corrie yesterday too, beautiful but no fan of the layout. Would certainly be worried taking a little’un out there.

Hopefully playing Shiskine again today if we can get a time. Meeting another mate who randomly contacted me yesterday after seeing me post on Arran.

Was going to play Lamlash but looks a massively hilly hike. Shiskine is awesome.
Lol yes the 7th was wild I was a bit scared to hit my tee shot incase I killed anyone on the 3rd hole and again on the 9th I hit a 5 iron onto the green then instantly seen a guy walking up the 1st. People definitely must of been hurt on that golf course,

HPIMG

Visit site
Played shiskine this afternoon. The 4th hole is unbelievable, might just be the nicest par 3 I’ve seen. Really enjoyed the course just wish it was 18. I felt as if it ended too fast. Took a video of my sons tee shot on the 4th

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played shiskine this afternoon. The 4th hole is unbelievable, might just be the nicest par 3 I’ve seen. Really enjoyed the course just wish it was 18. I felt as if it ended too fast. Took a video of my sons tee shot on the 4th
We played it again this afternoon, really do love the course. 4 is good, but so are 3,5,6,7 & 10. Don’t worry about 12 holes, get the day ticket and play twice 💪💪

HPIMG

Visit site
Played lamlash today that was a cracking course. It was my favourite out of the 3 courses, if I go back to play the others I would definitely try and get round lamlash again. @Crow thank you for the recommendation all 3 courses were brilliant, very enjoyable golfing trip.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played lamlash today that was a cracking course. It was my favourite out of the 3 courses, if I go back to play the others I would definitely try and get round lamlash again. @Crow thank you for the recommendation all 3 courses were brilliant, very enjoyable golfing trip.
Cool.
So how were the hills?
Serious question as, if I go there to golf instead of cycle, I'll have a couple of mates with me who I'd want to keep onside.

HPIMG

Visit site
Cool.
So how were the hills?
Serious question as, if I go there to golf instead of cycle, I'll have a couple of mates with me who I'd want to keep onside.
I honestly didn’t think it was that hilly but my home course is hilly. They have buggy’s but they were all booked out. My 10 year old did the course quite comfortably. I’m guessing you will be really quite fit if you cycle so it won’t be a problem for you and if you book in advance your mates can get a buggy. I would say for me it’s the best course and a must play.