Golf near albuferia Portugal

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Mrs tash found out that I had five days holiday left which I had to take before the end of March. Anyway £732 later Missis tash has booked a weeks jols to albuferia Portugal. She then says ave paid to take your bats. you've gotta luv em. Anyway as it happens it is my 21stish birthday whilst I am out there so I will be playing on that day plus at least another.

i have been looking at courses without having to travel miles and miles and the one which stands out is the San Lorenzo golf club. Is it the bees knees or are ther others any suggestions which would be greatly appreciated, plus feedback on San lorenzo would be equally be as valuable.

bless ya luv ya squeeze ya.

tashyboy.

farfaeforfar

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The three courses at Vilamoura are well worth playing (from memory). I think they're about 30 mins drive away from Albuferia.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
As always, depends on your budget really. As others have said Quinta do Lago, Vale de Lobo etc are certainly great courses as are Victoria (so I believe) and the Old Course at Vilamoura....but they are all top dollar. At the cheap end and just down the road from Albufeira is Salgados or a little way inland is Silves (the town/castle is worth a visit too btw). Both were perfectly acceptable if not spectacular when I played them some years ago but are very reasonable price wise and good value for money. The best of the middle price band I'd say would be Vale da Pinta or Villa Sol. Millennium and Laguna are the poor relations of the other Vilamoura courses tbh and I wouldn't rush back to play either. Didn't rate Pinhal either but more because of the condition which obviously may have changed.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah has been over 15 years since I was there! I played the Old Course, Pinhal and Laguna if memory serves me right!

I've a lot of catching up to do!

Make that six courses then. I forgot about Laguna. It's been over four years since I went so not sure if they are all still up and running.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played Laguna and Millenium which were good enough courses if your just out for a knock. Pinhal was shocking, the starter did say they were working on the greens but i thought the course was very untidy.

Tashyboy

Visit site
As always, depends on your budget really. As others have said Quinta do Lago, Vale de Lobo etc are certainly great courses as are Victoria (so I believe) and the Old Course at Vilamoura....but they are all top dollar. At the cheap end and just down the road from Albufeira is Salgados or a little way inland is Silves (the town/castle is worth a visit too btw). Both were perfectly acceptable if not spectacular when I played them some years ago but are very reasonable price wise and good value for money. The best of the middle price band I'd say would be Vale da Pinta or Villa Sol. Millennium and Laguna are the poor relations of the other Vilamoura courses tbh and I wouldn't rush back to play either. Didn't rate Pinhal either but more because of the condition which obviously may have changed.

fylde White you have hit the nail on the head. I had a quick look at a site which rated them from one to five star and thought well Al not struggle for a round without looking at the websites. I asked on here and then checked out prices.
OMG, it looks like being a top course and mid range one then. Strange thing is I am now thinking about hiring a car to get around.

the thought of a nine hole course never entered my head, but I may be able to pull one in whilst driving around.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played both San Lorenzo and Pinhal last year and wasn't desperately impressed with either. Pinhal was scruffy and uninspiring.

And San Lorenzo? Given the price we paid I was seriously disappointed. Miserable staff, poor practice facilities, a starter who never even bothered to emerge from his hut and a course which really wasn't in great condition. I'd heard great things, but I won't be rushing back.

If you want quality and are prepared to pay that bit extra (and with a good exchange rate it's cheaper this year than it has been for a while), get over to Monte Rei. I've played it over a dozen times now and absolutely love the place. Quality on and off the course and well worth the money.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Rght am off in 15 mins an Al give a review which pitch and putt I end up on when I get back from the sunshineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ps the golf monthly extra mag on golf abroad has been massive in helping me look.. Missis Tash is even looking at Mauritius golf courses.