Golf insurance

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm about to take out insurance - probably with Golf Care, unless anyone can recommend me the same level of cover for less money in the next couple of hours.

Only reason I am posting is that on their website, there is a referral offer for any existing policy holders to refer a friend, and get one of several free gifts, such as green fee vouchers, balls etc.

If any forummers are policy holders and would like to recommend me (therefore receiving the free gift for themselves), then send me a PM at some point today and we can sort out the details. Otherwise, I shall go ahead and purchase as a new customer later this afternoon.

Just thought that someone may as well benefit from this offer if possible!

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dangermouse, I've also been looking for golf cover and was looking at golf care.

As you've been so kind to offer the refer a friend bonus to other forum members, let me know when you've signed up and I'll send you my details and you can refer me so you can get the gift.

D

Deleted member 1147

If you are looking for other potential providers I use Carrick Neil. I've never had to claim & can't remember the cost, but it's another option for you to consider.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are you guys sure you dont have cover automatically through your club, our fees include a subscription to cover theft,damage and injury.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you guys sure you dont have cover automatically through your club, our fees include a subscription to cover theft,damage and injury.

Hi brendy, I think my club has insurance for personal injury, but if I hit someone's car etc (and the car park is next to the first tee!) I have to pay.

Its also handy for playing other courses, especially abroad, where cover levels may differ from your home course in any case.

D

Deleted member 1147

Yep, checked when I joined!

I only really got it for the hole in one cover :D?

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I cant remember which online retailer it was but I'm sure when I bought something I got 3 months free golf insurance, it must have been nevada bobs or onlinegolf.

That way you get to buy yourself something every 3 months.

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi dangermouse,I use golfcare,and my clubs are insured here and abroad,hole in one,ie, bar bill(ha ha as if)and personal injury if i hit anyone with a ball.more than happy to recommend a friend.all for £37.00 per year.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
AG were offering 3 months free cover but it was a one-off.
they have a 15 months for the price of 12 on at present with a come-on of a free round at a De Vere course - don't know if there are any catches related to that.

as to club providing cover, mine recommends that you get insurance so I would say not, and if you also play with a society the club cover won't extend to that.

I keep meaning to get cover but none of them provide enough meaningful info to make a choice; eg what evidence do you need to provide of the equipment you say you have.
Then again one of our forumers found out the hard way that his golf insurance counter-claimed against his contents cover.

* just been reading the insurance leaflets I have, the AG insurance is GolfCare by another name.
e&l are annoying - you get significantly lower cover on the same policy if you opt to pay annually rather than monthly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say I find that hard to believe Mono. It would cost them a fortune. Say the average cost of fully insuring golfers for loss of equipment, theft, liability for hitting another golfer, accidental damage to equipment, liability against damaging other peoples equipment etc is £35 per head and you have 400 memebers thats £14k

Are you sure they aren't talking about hole in one insurance. I have never heard of any club offering fully comp insurance

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I took out E&L insurance for £2.70 per month DD for the sole reason of the Public Liability covers me up to £2m. My clubs are covered on my home insurance but trying to make a claim would be tough on either I think so I take as much care as I can, as mentioned I only took it out for the liability.

E&L Golf Insurance Policy Rates

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have to say I find that hard to believe Mono. It would cost them a fortune. Say the average cost of fully insuring golfers for loss of equipment, theft, liability for hitting another golfer, accidental damage to equipment, liability against damaging other peoples equipment etc is £35 per head and you have 400 memebers thats £14k

Are you sure they aren't talking about hole in one insurance. I have never heard of any club offering fully comp insurance

The club where I teach have insurance built into the membership fee and includes third party insurance and bar bill insurance for that elusive hole in one.
But it is only third party cover up to £5m

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That's just in Ireland I think - it's actually quite a good scam they have going there....the clubs do all the work for them and they just get a cheque from each club with a list of names....do you know any/many that have actually claimed?

I think the clubs get something back though (day out for the the hon sec probably) but I can't remember....

Range_Ball

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just received my golf insurance card from my club they pay for all members to be insured for playing at our course only. They have only just started it this year but i think that it is a good perk for being at the club i will still keep my own insurance for when i play other courses. Seems the club is going in the right direction they have just updated the website and the club as be given county course status.

Libzy

www.subach-world.org.uk
I have never really considered golf insurance until this weekend just gone. Myself and 2 friends were playing a round and were hampered with extreme slow play. This led to there constantly being 3 groups on each hole, one on the tee, one down the fairway and one on the green.

I hit my drive on the 6th, which was a wild hook over the trees to teh 7th fairway. 2 of us yelled fore and hoped no one was in the way because it was blind to where it had gone.

Walking up the fairway I saw my ball resting in front of some other guys ball maybe 3 feet away. He didn't look hurt but looked a bit annoyed. As I approached him to ask if I had hit him or he was ok I was subjected to a tirade of abuse from him about having golf insurance and how lucky I was it caught him off a bounce. I was taken aback by his overal attitude and decided I wasn't going to be overly polite with him so just said look I am sorry we yelled fore and I hope you aren't hurt and carried on my way because we were holding up play.

The group in front of us later told me on the next tee when we caught them that he had been no where near my ball when it came over as he was playing his ball out of the trees and just happened to land there.

The incident got me thinking though that I could have so easilly dropped my ball right on his head and caused some serious injury, which of course would sting the wallet and the soul.

I have to add in the same round my friend did actually hit another player in the foot with a wayward shot and we saw a further 2 groups near us have near misses as well as almost being hit ourselves FIVE times one ball flying over my friends head as he bent down to place his tee.

Also makes me wonder how many out there on the course actually have insurance!