Golf in Waybridge, Surrey

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all.

I’m on a corporate day next week in Waybridge and was Looking for a good course to play next Friday.

We will be travelling back to Lancashire / greater Manchester on the Friday and looking For a good spot to grab 18 on the way home

budget wise I’d say no more than a ton each for a three ball

Thanks in advance

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Presuming it's Weybridge....
You are highly unlikely to get a deal like that in the Weybridge area. In fact, many of the courses in that area charge nearly that amount per player!!
Silvermere, nearby, charges 27.50/player, but is generally a very slow round, so probably not appropriate for 'on the way home' travellers.
There are a few courses in the Woking area that are reasonably priced, but with the amount of rain recently are likely to be very soggy. Hoebridge is likely to be drier than most and is similar price to Silvermere, but also similar pace of play issue!

Better to find somewhere closer to home imo.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Presuming it's Weybridge....
You are highly unlikely to get a deal like that in the Weybridge area. In fact, many of the courses in that area charge nearly that amount per player!!
Silvermere, nearby, charges 27.50/player, but is generally a very slow round, so probably not appropriate for 'on the way home' travellers.
There are a few courses in the Woking area that are reasonably priced, but with the amount of rain recently are likely to be very soggy. Hoebridge is likely to be drier than most and is similar price to Silvermere, but also similar pace of play issue!

Better to find somewhere closer to home imo.

cheers Foxy.

Tbh we are happy to play anywhere on the road north but close enough to Waybridge that we can guarantee the ability to finish a round before sunset

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
As an alternative to the "pay and play" Silvermere/Hoebridge (and they might not be too bad on a Friday, I was thinking Burhill. https://burhillgolf-club.co.uk/green-fees/ On budget and a step up. (or it used to be)
Or West Byfleet https://www.westbyfleetgolfclub.co.uk/green_fees

I have been out of the area too long for recent knowledge, but they used to be very good.

Spookily, I grew up in the Wey Valley and now live in the Wye Valley! Way/Wey whatever! :)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
As an alternative to the "pay and play" Silvermere/Hoebridge (and they might not be too bad on a Friday, I was thinking Burhill. https://burhillgolf-club.co.uk/green-fees/ On budget and a step up. (or it used to be)
Or West Byfleet https://www.westbyfleetgolfclub.co.uk/green_fees

I have been out of the area too long for recent knowledge, but they used to be very good.

Spookily, I grew up in the Wey Valley and now live in the Wye Valley! Way/Wey whatever! :)

Of Burhill & West Byfleet, my choice would be the latter. What time are you looking to tee off?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I may have misread what you posted but if 3 are heading North why not consider somewhere close to The M6 say Prestbury or Sandiway which then would be 40 minutes from home

sunshine

Visit site
Given the weather, the time of year, the daylight, and your £100 budget... this is a perfect chance for you to play one of the Surrey heathland courses on a winter rate.

Richart had a good suggestion with West Hill. Try Woking, Worplesden, St Georges Hill, etc.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are using Sat nav just make sure you put in Weybridge and not Waybridge

Personally I would think further North if you want avoid the traffic jams

If you are looking at the general area Foxhills is close to the M3 cost £80.

Would have suggested St Georges Hill but they do not take visitors in March

West Hill is a good shout and probably so is West Byfleet.

Worth remembering anywhere in that neck of the woods has a lot of traffic so allow plenty of travelling time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Afternoon all.

I’m on a corporate day next week in Waybridge and was Looking for a good course to play next Friday.

We will be travelling back to Lancashire / greater Manchester on the Friday and looking For a good spot to grab 18 on the way home

budget wise I’d say no more than a ton each for a three ball

Thanks in advance
In the area i would say West Hill

But you could also look around the M25 going North - Beaconsfield , Berkhampstead, Ashridge , Then around Oxford is Frilford Heath

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I may have misread what you posted but if 3 are heading North why not consider somewhere close to The M6 say Prestbury or Sandiway which then would be 40 minutes from home

That’s a fair shout however I need to clarify that It won’t be an early departure from Surrey on Friday.

Mainly because some of us plan on being upside down on Thursday night ? ?