Golf In Thailand

Lee762

Visit site
Hi Guys and Girls,

I am looking to play in some events in Thailand in Feb/Mar 2024. Just wondering the following;

1. What the average weather will be like?
2. Im not very keen on wearing shorts, will it be too hot/muggy for trousers?

Any other tips you can give me will be great.

D

Deleted member 31467

Thailand is a big country, I suggest you look on google at the courses/areas you are interested in to get a better idea.

AussieKB

Visit site
I go every year in August/September, but have been a lot in February, it will be hot for you (I'm from OZ) but I hope you take a cart for the round, your caddie will also hold an umbrella over you whether its raining or sunny.

Shorts are advisable but people do play in trousers.

AussieKB

Visit site
Don Mueang airport
I have only flown into the new airport Suvarnabhumi which opened in 2006....from there you either head SE to Pattaya or travel around Bangkok and head SW to Hua Hin.

Which course are you referring too ?

I have been lucky enough to play about 20 courses there.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have only flown into the new airport Suvarnabhumi which opened in 2006....from there you either head SE to Pattaya or travel around Bangkok and head SW to Hua Hin.

Which course are you referring too ?

I have been lucky enough to play about 20 courses there.
Never played it myself, just one of those WTF courses that you'd love to play. Don Mueang airport I believe is North of Bangkok and has a full golf course in-between the runways. It just looks mental and if I were ever to go to Thailand, I'd be looking at how to get a game just for the sheer lunacy of it.

D

Deleted member 35599

Vaccinations?
I travelled to TL in my early 20s and needed quite a few back then. Not sure today, I think a lot of people probably travel there thinking it is no different to going on hols to Spain. It certainly wasn't the case back in the early 90s, especially in the North.