Golf in LA & Palm Springs

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Going at the end of the month with nothing to do most days except wait around for the end of the work day.:(
A brief search online suggests its pricey, difficult to play as a single, frowned upon if you want to walk (i.e. not use a buggy), timeconsuming (5hr+ rounds) and a right pain to take clubs onboard.
Palm Springs is 4 days at the end and I've just read about many courses being closed during October/November for "overseeding". Might be something to do with the desert conditions !?!:confused: Any info on that?

Would appreciate hearing of some personal experiences (hopefully good ones) of golf in LA.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I went to Palm Springs about 15 years ago at the end of November. Weather was in the 70s, but snow on the mountains...was excellent. They do reseed some courses with winter grasses in Oct or Nov so check what is happening. We stayed in Indian Wells and played round there... courses open were in excellent condition and can’t recommend it highly enough. We flew into Palm Springs rather than drive from LA or other. Lots of great hotels and restaurants.....and um shopping:)

Americans rarely walk and buggy included in the green fee .... enjoy the views and play