Golf in Anglesey

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Can anyone recommend somewhere as on holiday there next week? Have played Bull Bay in the past, and loved it, but says they’re shut due to COVID? Are there any ‘hidden gems’ that would be good for an evening round?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Can anyone recommend somewhere as on holiday there next week? Have played Bull Bay in the past, and loved it, but says they’re shut due to COVID? Are there any ‘hidden gems’ that would be good for an evening round?

Are you sure they're shut Mark? I've just visited the website and was able to make an online tee booking.
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Another vote for Holyhead, very attractive course.
Anglesey is also great, a proper raw links course.
I've not played it but Baron Hill looks like my kind of course too.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Add Henllys Hall (near Beaumaris) to Bull Bay and Holyhead. Don't bother with the others.
Henllys is parkland and has the best off course facilities. But can get pretty soggy in the winter.

CountLippe

Visit site
Played Holyhead and Bull Bay in June, both good. Holyhead shaded it on condition, Bull Bay was a bit tatty but may have improved over summer. Both courses considerably harder off the white blocks. Quite a few blind shots so first time would recommend playing yellows.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I've played them all and enjoyed them all. Baron Hill is 9 hole, but a fun links course. At Bull Bay, it's quite common for ravens to steal your ball. They didn't take any of mine, but my wife was using coloured ones and they stole about 5!

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Anglesey Golf Course (Rhosneigr). Old course, a true links test. Hard when the wind is up and the greens are very fast.