Golf hotels near the NEC

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HiD has booked tickets for an event at the NEC next year so I'm looking for a hotel with or near a course that I could consider

Thanks

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As mentioned, Belfry and Forest of Arden are probably main ones.

Nailcote hall is nice with a par 3 course that holds the farmfoods Par 3 Championship.

Village hotel Solihull has Shirley golf club down the road.

Any central Solihull hotel (may give more food/drink options) will be a mile or so from Olton Golf club or Robin Hood Golf Club which are both decent.

Going further away, The Warwickshire is hotel and multiple courses together - 15 miles/30 mins

Further again, Stratford for The Welcombe which is hotel and course - Probably about 40 mins

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I stayed at the Marriott at the Forest of Arden when I played in the GM Centenary Final. As part of a chain it was perfectly functional and had no issues with the room or the food. The FoA course OK. Not my favourite but enjoyable and the second nine in particular in the deer park with the magnificent deer and stags roaming is pleasant and tricky in places

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Warwickshire is a lovely facility, two decent courses and good practice facilities.

Be careful what time of year you go play the Warwickshire though! I play it fairly revularly but wouldn't recommend it if we have had a lot of heavy rainfall as it really struggles. Played there last February and the course was waterlogged and they still took £30 each off us! In the summer/or when it's dry, it's a fabulous course and always thorough enjoyed playing there, Kings course in particular!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Warwickshire looks a good option, nice to play a new course (s).

If you go Warwickshire then there is a good pub in the village it's located in or you can go into Kenilworth close by posh cocktail bar or plenty of curries, or Warwick or Leamington if going further afield.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
the Belfry are doing stupid deals at the moment with stay and play. the Brabazon is crap this time of year though

D

Deleted member 18588

Solihull is the nearest centre to the NEC and has a choice of hotels.

For golf you could choose between Copt Heath, Olton or Robin Hood all of which are within 5 minutes of the centre of Solihull and IMO are better courses than the others being suggested.