Golf Garden Route/ Western Cape South Africa

oleinone

Visit site
One of my semi regular golf mates is a young South African ex pro rugby player. He paints an appealing picture of an extended winter break. Anyone out there who has done it? To digress. his raw talent has to be seen, if ongoing lessons lead to the optimisation of his effortless power, he's going to be a player.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One of my semi regular golf mates is a young South African ex pro rugby player. He paints an appealing picture of an extended winter break. Anyone out there who has done it? To digress. his raw talent has to be seen, if ongoing lessons lead to the optimisation of his effortless power, he's going to be a player.
I’m also interested in advice any can give as me and my Mrs have it on our Living List (bucket lists are soo passé 😊) for early next year. Unfortunately the trip will not be focussed around golf, though if the opportunity presents…

Alan Clifford

Visit site

Staying in Langebaan, about 100km north of Cape Town at the moment. We are members at Langebaan golf and country estate and this time we are here for a couple of months. This time we stayed a few days in Cape Town then down to Gansbaai before coming here.

The grass on the fairways and rough is kikuyu - grabs the ball and clubs like velcro.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Staying in Langebaan, about 100km north of Cape Town at the moment. We are members at Langebaan golf and country estate and this time we are here for a couple of months. This time we stayed a few days in Cape Town then down to Gansbaai before coming here.

The grass on the fairways and rough is kikuyu - grabs the ball and clubs like velcro.

i stayed in Mykonos in Langebaan for 3 nights last October as part of a 3 week Western Cape trip covering the whole Garden route, Franschhoek, Cape Town etc. Probably 2000 miles or so. I absolutely love the whole Cape area. Can post up more details of itinerary if anyone is interested when i get time