Golf clubs abroad: help

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am playing in Gran Canaria back end of February.I have been quoted 25 euros to hire set of clubs & push/pull trolley,steep in my opinion but I will pay it if I have to.

I am considering buying a golf travel bag (Trav-a-lite 12 ) that turns into a carrier for playing (2 jobs in 1 very handy and effecient ).

My question is (never having taken clubs abroad before ) will I have to pay for this as a seperate item from my normal luggage (it weighs only 41b without clubs made of polyurethane ) or can it be classed as being put in with my luggage? If I have to pay extra does anybody have any idea what the costs would be?

Thanks

Kev

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Golf equiptment costs extra, assuming its an extra item of lugagge of course. The additional cost is around £20 per flight. Book it in advance on the net as it might be a bit cheaper than just turning up at the airport with your clubs.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Depends who you fly with, BA will allow as part of free allowance if it doesn't exceed 23kg, this is good if you can fit all your other clobber in a carry on case.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depends who you fly with, BA will allow as part of free allowance if it doesn't exceed 23kg, this is good if you can fit all your other clobber in a carry on case.

If they charge per case (e.g Easy Jet) stick your clothes in the with golf clubs (can act as padding as well) and do not take a case. The you have one item which will be cheaper.