Golf clothing

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why is it that branded golf wear i.e jumpers, jackets etc are so highly priced and do not appear to be better than non branded clothing

Looking for suggestions where i can buy at sensible prices warm 1/4 zip tops and jumpers

I have a Ping and Proquip top which were very expensive for what they are

Not too concerned about water proofs just warm wear clothing and plain colours dark blue, black etc etc

Any ideas for decent gear at good pricing ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you tried Sports Direct and/or M&M Direct who both have branded gear at very low prices?

I also find outdoor walking/hiking clothing double up for winter golf gear especially fleece layers. Not great for traditional style jumpers though but for those perhaps M&S or Lands End do some decent stuff at good prices too.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks, yes i did look in JJB and Sports direct tended to be slazenger gear but not too bad in price granted

I checked out Matalan what a pile of tat,

i agree M & S normally sell decent gear, Blue Harbour if i remember, maybe give them a look

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Milletts or blacks, whatever your local brand of store is.
A. They have some great stuff! North face, Peter storm, berghaus etc
B. they are going down faster than the titanic, so great sales!

Jws63

Hacker
Visit site
Try Decathlon,bought Kalenji 1/4 zip thermal top, believe they make running gear. Half the price of 1/4 zip under armour I bought and IMHO warmer. Now own three, don't know if there's decathlon store near you,try I think you will be surprised.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Try sports direct shops, i got a zipped lined pullover from the Darren Clarke range £65 knocked down to £15 and its exactly the same as the big brand ones in my local pro shop.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
M and S sell golf caps / baseball caps with no logo's on them for £5. As I have a habit of balancing my caps on top of my trolley I tend to get through quite a lot!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why is it that branded golf wear i.e jumpers, jackets etc are so highly priced and do not appear to be better than non branded clothing

Looking for suggestions where i can buy at sensible prices warm 1/4 zip tops and jumpers

I have a Ping and Proquip top which were very expensive for what they are

Not too concerned about water proofs just warm wear clothing and plain colours dark blue, black etc etc

Any ideas for decent gear at good pricing ?

Simply because they look half decent.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are plenty of decent brand clothes on onlinegolf & direct-golf that are pretty reasonable. Got a couple of pringle and underarmour tops in January for £20 ea.

With clothes for me I think you can't go too cheap or you end up with something that shrinks or loses its colour after 1 wash.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Justgolfonline are great, really good lads to deal with. A cheaper brand I know but I have a load of Stylo gear off there and find it really good. Lasts well and does a great job. I have had a half zip, 3/4 sleeve stylo windproof top for a couple of years now and it is suprerb value for under £20. I have a couple of the sweaters and polo shirts as well and they seem pretty decent as well.

Also worth trying thesportsHq as the Woodworm kit is top drawer at a low price.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
affordablegolf.co.uk frequently have great deals - you have to be quite lucky with sizes though, they seem to buy up last seasons remnants and that sometimes means the odd sizes that are left unsold.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
any of Mountain Warehouse, Tog 24, Regatta, Go Outdoors - especially if you can find their Outlet stores

microfleece 2 for £20, baselayers about the same

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try Decathlon,bought Kalenji 1/4 zip thermal top, believe they make running gear. Half the price of 1/4 zip under armour I bought and IMHO warmer. Now own three, don't know if there's decathlon store near you,try I think you will be surprised.

Another vote for Decathlon if you have one nearby. The kalenji running gear, and the Quechua hiking gear are great for other uses, Their Forclaz 1/4 zip fleece tops are brilliant - lightweight & warm. So far this winter haven't needed to wear anything more than a roll-neck polo (from Uni-Clo) and a Forclaz fleece