Golf clothes for girls

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all

My daughter is 11 and is in her last year of "PeeWee" golf (8-12 year olds), before transitioning to juniors. We are trying to find good golf clothes for girls of her age, and it's tricky. Much of what is around would traditionally be considered "boys" clothes, and she doesn't want to wear it.

I've struggled to find sources of nice clothes that would be considered "girls" golf clothes, that she is happy to wear. For example, this is American Golf's Junior Clothing range: https://www.americangolf.co.uk/clothing-shoes/junior-clothing Nothing wrong with any of it, but not much that appeals to an 11 year old girl.

(Just for the record, it wouldn't bother me if she wanted to wear trousers and polo shirts, but that doesn't float her boat!)

Anyone got any suggestions?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
From my experience most wear their club/county polos and leggings of sorts (long/short).

If she likes skirts than simply choose from tennis/gymnastic/athletics skirts for girls.

The official shop in St Andrews had a good selection for girls including longer sleeveless polo/dress type. Unfortunately they don’t have much in their online shop: https://www.standrews.com/shop/kids-golf?psize=18&pno=1&cat=623&col=&c=&s=&o=hl

Hope it helps.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks all.

I had done a Google search, and ChinnyDipper didn't show up. We've had a look and their range does seem pretty good, and not too pricey - especially if you go for their clearance items. What search terms did you use Louise?

She wants to look right. Officially, the club don't allow leggings on the course, though not sure they enforce that too firmly for children. She is transitioning to juniors over the next year, so we want to be mindful and respectful of their rules. We are going to hunt down generic "sportswear" to see what might be suitable.

That St Andrews link shows the paucity of what's available, at least online! And not sure I want to pay £36 for a polo shirt for an 11 year old! (Actually, very sure that I don't!)

Thanks all for the suggestions, and if there are any more, keep them coming!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When my daughter was playing I got her some decent golfing clothes from the Sports Direct website. County Golf occasionally has some too.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks all.

I had done a Google search, and ChinnyDipper didn't show up. We've had a look and their range does seem pretty good, and not too pricey - especially if you go for their clearance items. What search terms did you use Louise?

She wants to look right. Officially, the club don't allow leggings on the course, though not sure they enforce that too firmly for children. She is transitioning to juniors over the next year, so we want to be mindful and respectful of their rules. We are going to hunt down generic "sportswear" to see what might be suitable.

That St Andrews link shows the paucity of what's available, at least online! And not sure I want to pay £36 for a polo shirt for an 11 year old! (Actually, very sure that I don't!)

Thanks all for the suggestions, and if there are any more, keep them coming!

I just put in girls golf clothes and it was on the first page

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Just to close this all off, for the record. We bought from Chinnydipper in the end. The quality of the clothes is good, the prices ok, and the service exceptional. All arrived exactly when they said it would, and I had to exchange one item for a larger size which they did at no cost to me very quickly; I emailed them on Thursday night, had a reply a bit later (at 19:45), and the exchanged item was with me on the Tuesday, even though it had been a bank holiday weekend.

My experience with them is wholeheartedly good.

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
My daughter has Chinny Dipper and loves it.... however, for polos, She loves the Nike boys ones. So I’m not stopping her wearing them. She also wears Boys Chinos when her CD trousers are in the wash.