golf buggies

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
having recently got back on the course after couple of months lay off due to illness i am finding that it is quite an effort to get round.after driving reasonably well 220ish by time i get to my ball i am blowing a bit and with other players on the tee waiting for me i feel i dont have time to get my breath back and get rushed into what is inevitably a duff shot.this is costing me an awful lot of shots at the moment but i want to carry on walking to get my fitness up though it really is at the expence of a good round (by my standards)is a buggy my only option??
any ideas on how i might alter or improve my situation would be greatly appreciated
cheers

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Might be worth using them short term. Do you carry ? A trolley would obviously take some of the strain off but I think you just need to find a way of getting to the next tee box a bit quicker and giving yourself a few seconds to compose yourself.

I'm going to get shot in flames for this but I'm suggesting it as a SHORT TERM answer and that is not to assist with the flage on the green and once you have putted out walk as close to your bag/next tee as you can to make the transition quicker and easier.

I know this goes against the grain of good etiquette, but if it allows you to get to next tee box in better shape an don the premise that it is a short term recuperation issue I think for a while it would be acceptable. I'd have no problem with you doing that if you were playing with me.

The only other suggestion I ca make is to have a chat with oyur partners and just point out that their pace is a fraction quick for you at this time and see if they can slow down a bit

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think this falls into the acceptable medical use category. Use the buggy for your rounds for a while but try to walk the course, without playing (or on an off-peak solo) to build the stamina.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Electric trolley perhaps!!

I've known folks to use one for so many different reasons; short term injuries, long term injuries, lack of general fitness (which is why I might consider one for next year), and ultimately cheaper than buggies.

You've probably considered all of this anyway.

Hope that it all comes together for you.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can get a seat. GoKart do one that attaches to the side of the trolley for when you need a rest.