Golf as a single near Cobham

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
The good lady is on a Pilates course this Saturday & Sunday in Cobham. Thought I would travel up from Devon to keep her company and maybe have a knock. Anyone recommend a club that would accept a single on Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Cheers

Smokey Lomcevak

Visit site
For a cheap knock look at Clandon. Shortish fun downland. No catering facilities - just turn up and play, but always seems to hold up well in the winter. I was in the clubhouse at my place up the road the other day when 4 came in for a beer having visited Clandon for a change. They were heaping praise on the place, and commending the greens, as ours have been absolutely saturated since the first bit of snow a month ago.

Other obvious one would be Pyrford Lakes. Gets busy at the weekend, so you may need up paired up, which may or may not be to your liking. Very fun course with lots of water that comes into play. Great little amen corner stretch from 9 to 12. It sure how it’s holding up this weather, but every time I visit with my member mates it always impresses me how much it has improved over the last 5 years.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Private clubs at weekends will be tough...

Silvermere already suggested and is very close to Cobham. I'd be ringing and saying you're on your own and they might fix you up.

Hoebridge is similar set up.. but also has a 9 hole course if desperate.

Another suggestion because of ease of find is Hurtmore... about 20 mins south down the A3 and the course is right by the A3.

Last edited: