GoKart

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting topic as I've just switched from a 9 year old motocaddy too, the always ropey front wheel issue, the connector always coming out on bumpy ground, and the battery starting to go means it was time to change, and plumped for the standard GoKart. 13 days till arrival, come on!!!!!! Glad I didn't go hands free, not the first I've seen make this complaint.

The auto isn't hands free, you need to hold the handle for it to work, I think it works by the amount of pressure the grip feels.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have to say the roller on the GoKart is placed so it's use is intuitive. You don't really think much about adjusting the speed. The touch and go system is nice, but I can live without it. Still a great trolley though.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm always wary of funky gadgets on something. The original GoKart was and is a solid performing bit of kit.

PS On a GoKart refurb do they change the wheels as well if they need doing?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting topic as I've just switched from a 9 year old motocaddy too, the always ropey front wheel issue, the connector always coming out on bumpy ground, and the battery starting to go means it was time to change, and plumped for the standard GoKart. 13 days till arrival, come on!!!!!! Glad I didn't go hands free, not the first I've seen make this complaint.

First time I've seen it. No issue with my Auto either.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Given the OP's opening statement I am surprised anyone replied. Post #12 was interesting!

Perhaps the forum is in a better place these days. ?

Yip I can see that the forum is a FAR QUIETER place judging by the amount of posts that I've missed - place has been killed by mods or a certain mod.

For those who are saying it works fine. Glad your trolley is fully operational, sadly mine has fallen way short of the expectations and reputation that GK has built, even my experience of the wonderful GoKart Customer Service has also been found wanting.

To those who offered any sort of constructive advice, many thanks.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

To be honest I wish I had splashed out the extra on a Stewart.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Yip I can see that the forum is a FAR QUIETER place judging by the amount of posts that I've missed - place has been killed by mods or a certain mod.

For those who are saying it works fine. Glad your trolley is fully operational, sadly mine has fallen way short of the expectations and reputation that GK has built, even my experience of the wonderful GoKart Customer Service has also been found wanting.

To those who offered any sort of constructive advice, many thanks.
I'm sure you will, but just go back to GoKart and explain how the performance of yours varies against the experience of other similar users you have discussed the issue with. Also explain to them that you have been discussing it on the GM Forum and that may make them focus a bit more.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just a further update.

GoKart have agreed to change my control over to the basic idiot friendly roller control. They insist that the operation was fully operational which is fair enough, I'm happy with the outcome.

I can imagine the automatic transmission works well enough on the flat but on a hilly course I found it footery, and far from ideal.

I'm away back into GM Forum exile.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
OK just got my brand spanking new GoKart yesterday. How do you attach the brolly holder without it fouling the folding mechanism? The way it seems, it's likely I have to remove the brolly holder if it's not raining so it folds properly? Surely that's not right?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
OK just got my brand spanking new GoKart yesterday. How do you attach the brolly holder without it fouling the folding mechanism? The way it seems, it's likely I have to remove the brolly holder if it's not raining so it folds properly? Surely that's not right?
According to GoKart "The GoKart umbrella holder cleverly attaches to either the side of the trolley handle. It can easily be adjusted to any angle, can be folded out of the way when the sun is shining, and can even be left on when the trolley is folded."
https://www.gokart.co.uk/product/umbrella-holder/
If you're still struggling, contact GoKart direct. They're usually pretty helpful.

RichA

Visit site
Attach it hanging slightly down and forwards, just below the level of the handle. Fold the trolley. Tighten it up. When you need to use it, slacken the bolt, raise the holder, tighten the bolt, stick your brolly in.
I'm not sure what the instructions say because I didn't read them.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Attach it hanging slightly down and forwards, just below the level of the handle. Fold the trolley. Tighten it up. When you need to use it, slacken the bolt, raise the holder, tighten the bolt, stick your brolly in.
I'm not sure what the instructions say because I didn't read them.
Thanks Rich, that's what I was going to do, but it appears I am daft. you can fold it across the handle so that the mechanism can click into place. It does show me on the instructions, but I didn't follow them