GoKart

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Morning all,

not been on here for a while. Not my cuppa anymore.

However thought I'd grace you with my presence for a day or two. Took the plunge and replaced my 7 year old Motocaddy that was starting to go, showing signs of slowing down, seen better days. Due to the love in for GoKart and their CS on here I took the plunge and went for one of their new models and upgraded to the hands free version.

Decent enough trolley although it does look cheap. My issue is the hands free option. Personally I think its utterly Tom Kite. Either too slow or too fast, can't seem to get a happy medium with it at all. What's others thoughts and opinions?

I contacted GoKart who basically told me its user error, I'm the problem and to go and practice with it, not even a hint of it may be faulty. I wasn't really enamoured by this but decided to give it a bit more time, I'm still not happy or convinced by this system.

Any other katz on here have issues with setting this at a decent pace?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've had the automatic one in the past, it was okay but I preferred the roller wheel of my original. I've just bought the newer version and stuck with the roller version. Very happy with it, and the improvements they've made to the folding mechanism, the battery housing and quietness of the motor are all very welcome.
I found the control of the auto one a bit "hit and miss" despite owning it for over five years.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I recently got the auto version and have now used it for 2 rounds. I have been getting used to it and think it performs better if you just hold the handle lightly and try not to think about it. I also found that realising the switches are inside the left end of the handle helps.
Apart from that I’m really pleased with mine and it is really powerful. Where I play there are some really sharp inclines and I used to have to help my Motocaddy up them a bit. The go kart shoots up them with ease.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair it does take a little while to adjust to it's control method but having used one for over 8 years I'd use no other. We have loads in use at our place & all are more than happy, especially the new Mark 2 version...... much improved.

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a manual Mk1 & now have an auto Mk2, yes it definately takes a while to get used to it but before long you'll find it trundling along next to you on it's own.

RichA

Visit site
"Automatic Speed Control" you push it and then it adjusts to your pace! (allegedly)
Yes, I've got that one. No previous experience of electric trolleys, but I've had no problems at all.
As Ross61 said, fulling understanding how the micro switch in the handle operates does help to control it. I lifted the driven wheels and operated the micro switch to figure out that there are 20 different speeds varying from barely moving to jogging speed (on the flat). I've had no trouble matching it to whatever place I'm moving at.
And a quick but neat Heath Robinson adaptation to my stand bag means it now sits straight and stable so I don't have to buy a cart bag.

RichA

Visit site
Due to the love in for GoKart and their CS on here I took the plunge and went for one of their new models and upgraded to the hands free version.
If you're actually trying to use it completely hands free, it's definitely not going to know what speed you're walking at. I'm guessing that's just a turn of phrase rather than literal.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Morning all,

not been on here for a while. Not my cuppa anymore.

However thought I'd grace you with my presence for a day or two. Took the plunge and replaced my 7 year old Motocaddy that was starting to go, showing signs of slowing down, seen better days. Due to the love in for GoKart and their CS on here I took the plunge and went for one of their new models and upgraded to the hands free version.

Decent enough trolley although it does look cheap. My issue is the hands free option. Personally I think its utterly Tom Kite. Either too slow or too fast, can't seem to get a happy medium with it at all. What's others thoughts and opinions?

I contacted GoKart who basically told me its user error, I'm the problem and to go and practice with it, not even a hint of it may be faulty. I wasn't really enamoured by this but decided to give it a bit more time, I'm still not happy or convinced by this system.

Any other katz on here have issues with setting this at a decent pace?

I'll buy it cheap if you want to sell it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks dor the replies. Confirmed to me its faulty and will be contacting GK again.

I agree it shouldn't be difficult to operate however mine either shoots away or goes the pace of Jordan Speith.

TigerBear

Visit site
Yes, I've got that one. No previous experience of electric trolleys, but I've had no problems at all.
As Ross61 said, fulling understanding how the micro switch in the handle operates does help to control it. I lifted the driven wheels and operated the micro switch to figure out that there are 20 different speeds varying from barely moving to jogging speed (on the flat). I've had no trouble matching it to whatever place I'm moving at.
And a quick but neat Heath Robinson adaptation to my stand bag means it now sits straight and stable so I don't have to buy a cart bag.

Do share Rich! What is the innovation that allows the stand bag to sit stable?

RichA

Visit site
Do share Rich! What is the innovation that allows the stand bag to sit stable?
It's just an inner tube, neatly and unobtrusively wrapped around the top of the bag, covering the fixings for the legs. Levels the fixings out and provides cushioning and grip to stop the bag twisting, where there would otherwise be hard plastic sliding over hard plastic. The strap goes over it so you can't really see it.
All in all, not particularly innovative but it works.
It suits me, having checked out a few cart bags and found nothing I like as much as my Hoofer.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks dor the replies. Confirmed to me its faulty and will be contacting GK again.

I agree it shouldn't be difficult to operate however mine either shoots away or goes the pace of Jordan Speith.
The GoKart tester at our Club reckons it's likely to be a problem with the software on the 'mother-board'. A regular GoKart user would tell you if there was something wrong with the way it responds, but I think you have that sorted already as the controls are pretty foolproof. :unsure::unsure:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Given the OP's opening statement I am surprised anyone replied. Post #12 was interesting!

Perhaps the forum is in a better place these days. ?

TigerBear

Visit site
It's just an inner tube, neatly and unobtrusively wrapped around the top of the bag, covering the fixings for the legs. Levels the fixings out and provides cushioning and grip to stop the bag twisting, where there would otherwise be hard plastic sliding over hard plastic. The strap goes over it so you can't really see it.
All in all, not particularly innovative but it works.
It suits me, having checked out a few cart bags and found nothing I like as much as my Hoofer.

Genius Rich! And the trolley strap is wide enough to cover up the biggest of tubes. Cheers.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Interesting topic as I've just switched from a 9 year old motocaddy too, the always ropey front wheel issue, the connector always coming out on bumpy ground, and the battery starting to go means it was time to change, and plumped for the standard GoKart. 13 days till arrival, come on!!!!!! Glad I didn't go hands free, not the first I've seen make this complaint.