GM Subscription????

T

thecraw

I took advantage of GM's excellent half price subscription offer a couple of weeks back. They have debited my bank account immediately however I have still to receive my confirmation email to let me know when my subscription starts.

I have to be honest and say that I find the lack of C/S very poor. I also cant believe that GM subscriptions are that large that they take this long and have still not set up your subscription

How long does it take to sort out?

Steviebhoy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was the same the money was took out immediately.

I phoned them to find out when we get our first copy which for me was april and that was me signing up for it start of last month so you will prob be same if you done it last month as well

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think it takes about 4 - 6 weeks. I must say, I had a bit of a run in with the subscription department before Christmas when I was renewing mine. If it wasn't such a good mag, I'd have told them where to stick it. It is a pity, there customer service is not the best.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's better than TG's, two years running I've subscribed to both GM and TG and twice TG have failed to deliver my free balls :mad:

Both times they gave me a freebie to compensate but it's the hassle.

Both are owned by large magazine groups so I think it's a bit unfair to blame GM as they don't run that side of things.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Craw
we do say up to 6 weeks to activate a new subscription becuase of the sheer volume of subscriptions we deal with (IPC has 75 magazines and some of the mags have 100,000 plus subscribers) it can take that long

I'm interested to hear about any bad experiences with subs customer service - it's done at an office in Leicstershire - so I dont get to see them in action but they do have a manager in our building who I can liaise with/harrangue as and when

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I renewed mine (first subscription was last month). I also had to chase for my confirmation e-mail. Once I chased it came through the same day.

Didnt seem like a big deal at the time tbh

Rob_DL

Visit site
I took out my subscription through the on-line half price offer that was linked to this forum. Got a letter back from Sara Shaw the Subscriptions Manager telling me that the first payment would be taken on the 18th March and my first magazine would be the June Issue. No mention of the free balls though!!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Rob
I'm afraid there were no free balls with the half price deal - the offer was that you got the mag for half price!

Rob_DL

Visit site
Rob
I'm afraid there were no free balls with the half price deal - the offer was that you got the mag for half price!
Thanks Mike. No problem, getting the Mag delivered to the door for a whole year for £26 is enough of a bargain. I can just buy my own balls with the money I've saved!! :D

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I took out my subscription through the on-line half price offer that was linked to this forum. Got a letter back from Sara Shaw the Subscriptions Manager telling me that the first payment would be taken on the 18th March and my first magazine would be the June Issue. No mention of the free balls though!!

If they gave you free balls they would in effect paying you for taking the mag!!

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi Craw
we do say up to 6 weeks to activate a new subscription becuase of the sheer volume of subscriptions we deal with (IPC has 75 magazines and some of the mags have 100,000 plus subscribers) it can take that long

I'm interested to hear about any bad experiences with subs customer service - it's done at an office in Leicstershire - so I dont get to see them in action but they do have a manager in our building who I can liaise with/harrangue as and when
I subscribed back on 26th Jan and still no confirmation, although Mike did check as I was hoping for the subscribers copy and he told me it would be the May issue that my subscription would start.

So that is confirmation it does take ages. It's just lucky Amazon only have twenty or thirty customers a week or they would never be able to cope with delivering things on time :D. Surely when they take your details over the phone or when you fill in your details online it should all be pretty much automatic, after all the payment is taken and it should be just a matter of adding you to a mailing list.

Shark

C

CannyFifer

i joined mid January and it was the april edition I got although at the start of March.Better offers now though :mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I still think for £26 its excellent value and as Mike said if a third party are running the show then GM to a certain extent aren't captains of their own destiny especially with some other IPC magazines obviously giving the subscrition place major workloads.

gash

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
I've heard nothing since subscribing a month ago. No excuses, It's a pathetic service. They just need to pop the mag in the post at the end of the day. What a sad shower the management are. Totally inadequate.