getting the most out of clubs

confuciussaid

Medal Winner
Banned
www.going4golf.co.uk
i am new to the game and i am very much a beginner. i havent been on a full course only the driving range and a pitch and putt. I struggle to get the ball over 200 yards with my driver. granted its not the best club but is this due to the club or me?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
i am new to the game and i am very much a beginner. i havent been on a full course only the driving range and a pitch and putt. I struggle to get the ball over 200 yards with my driver. granted its not the best club but is this due to the club or me?
It is possibly not the best club in the world, but then I guess you could do with some help with your swing too.

There are good second hand clubs out there to suit all budgets and a few lessons would soon have you sending the ball over that mark.
:D

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

If it's an old duff club, it'll be that!!

If it's a half decent thing, it may be a mix of you and the club. t.b.h. most ranges have bad balls and it might take a pretty impressive hit (for a beginner) to get over 200 yards....

I'd be happy nudging over 200 with range balls and I've been playing a while and am OK.... :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My advice is simple. Go to a pro and get a few lessons to make sure you have the correct basics. Once those are sorted and you can swing more consistantly and get it going strighter more often than not then think about looking at your kit and considering an upgrade.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stop trying to hit the ball 200 yards and concentrate on consistant contact. With a 28 handicap you dont need to hit the ball that far just keep it on the fairway.