General note - please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hello all

Can I ask all forumers - new and old - to reacquaint themselves with the rules and guidelines?

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?53425-GM-forum-Updated-rules-guidelines

There have been numerous breaches of late meaning a raft of infractions being applied. Remember if you have a live infraction you are automatically excluded from forum opportunities

I'd like to draw your attention to two rules in particular...

Posts that contain swearing and or Inappropriate Language
This includes the use of asterisked out swear words. The software will automatically xxx out common swear words so you will know if you have transgressed. You can always go back and edit your post and if this is done promptly then we will not issue an infraction
Please note if you try to circumnavigate this with a few random characters to try and fool the system we will still issue an infraction. Also be aware note other 'rude' words or phrases not covered by the software may, in the opinion of moderators, or me be deemed unacceptable and if appropriate an infraction will be issued. The infraction is listed as 'Inappropriate Language (swearing) and carried 3 Points, Expires 45 days
In short err on the side of caution!

Posting public criticism about the Moderators
Posting public criticism about the Moderators/moderator decisions on the Forum is expressly prohibited. If you have an issue with the actions of one or more moderators email Golf Monthly editor Mike Harris (michael_harris@ipcmedia.com) with your grievance.
Posting public criticism of moderators/moderator decisions carries an infraction of 3 Points, Expires 90 days

In addition to this I would like to highlight a 'principle' of Golf Monthly and the Golf Monthly forum that really comes under the flaming or trolling guideline but is worth me spelling out. (I will update the rules and guidelines to include the below)

Golf Monthly is a magazine and website for all golfers - not just 'better players' and we seek to encourage all golfers no matter what their playing ability. Posts that I believe set out to belittle, ridicule or antagonise a forum member because of their playing ability will not be tolerated.

Finally If I believe any forum user is behaving in an unacceptable fashion not only will they be issued with relevant infractions and possible bans but I will also consider contacting golf clubs they purport to be a member of and draw their posts to the attention of the secretary/manager or relevant club officials.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Status
Not open for further replies.