Garmin vivoactive 3

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
https://www.cnet.com/products/garmin-vivoactive/

not a a great review.

What at are you loooking for a fitness watch to do?

thats the original one, this is the newer model

im looking for a watch that is round not square and looks decent, that functions as a smart watch (ie notifications, texts etc) and also doubles as a golf gps. i have one of the early models and its ok, but square and ugly and pretty battered now so time for a new one. was looking at the samsung but this may be a better solution hopefully

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've had the vivoactive hr for about a month now and its great, so if the new 3 has all that + a bit then should be good

I'm still finding new things that it does and the battery on the hr is a full week inc a round of golf or daily exercise period on the gps

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had one for a while, great watch however...
If worn on my left hand my glove would continually hit the button causing it to change menu etc. You can wear it the other way around but felt it odd with the button on the left and was a bit fiddlier to use.
You have to download courses individually from your phone, not a massive problem but you need to be aware of it.
For sports tracking it was pretty awesome.

I now have the x40 which does all I need ( golf GPS and sports tracking) and is dead easy to use, it doesn't have the widgets and apps of the Vivoactive but to be honest I didn't use 99% of them anyway.