Garmin S10 Problems

hogkite

Visit site
Hi,

Having some problems with my Garmin S10. It's about 5 years old. Quite regularly when I power it on it picks up courses in the USA specifically Sycamore Ridge and Wolf Creek? I'm based in the north west (UK) so cant understand why its picking those courses up, several power offs/on usually fixes the problem. Also I've notice that distances to middle green are often out by up to 10/15 yards by comparing it with friends watches (often also Garmin). I've reset the device to defaults and made sure all updates applied.

Anyone else ever had these type of problems? Is it time for a new watch and if so what's recommended with similar features to S10 don't need all the bells and whistles just basically distances to green

Cheers.......Mike

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

Having some problems with my Garmin S10. It's about 5 years old. Quite regularly when I power it on it picks up courses in the USA specifically Sycamore Ridge and Wolf Creek? I'm based in the north west (UK) so cant understand why its picking those courses up, several power offs/on usually fixes the problem. Also I've notice that distances to middle green are often out by up to 10/15 yards by comparing it with friends watches (often also Garmin). I've reset the device to defaults and made sure all updates applied.

Anyone else ever had these type of problems? Is it time for a new watch and if so what's recommended with similar features to S10 don't need all the bells and whistles just basically distances to green

Cheers.......Mike
Are you doing the updates on the watch only, or connected to a PC/laptop using Garmin Express? If you're doing the Garmin Express updates and it's not working then it's probably time for a new watch!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WRT the distance being off by 10/15 yards are you sure it is set correctly. I have recently been on a weeks golf holiday and one of our guys had the same problem. His watch was set to metres instead of yards.

hogkite

Visit site
WRT the distance being off by 10/15 yards are you sure it is set correctly. I have recently been on a weeks golf holiday and one of our guys had the same problem. His watch was set to metres instead of yards.
Its definitely set to yards, thanks. It's not always off just sometimes, very frustrating.