Garmin Approach S60 or Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

Ridgeman

Visit site
In short I have the S60 at the moment but Samsung are going a good deal till Monday on their watches where they are throwing in a free pair of buds normal price £140. I can pick up the Active2 44mm for £228. I could relatively easily sell the S60. Not too sure if its an effort for not much gain. I currently only use the S60 while golfing as i find its battery life to be poor. Anyone any experience with the active2?

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the active 2 golf buddy edition. I changed from the s60 and i prefer the Samsung. I use it as my day to day watch as i have a Samsung phone.
As for battery life i can get around 3 days normal use. A round of golf takes around 20-30%.
The golf buddy edition comes preloaded with the golf buddy app which gives a hole view as we as front , middle,back distances.
I also bought golf pad GPS which is around £17 for the year and is good tracking stats . It gives strikes gained stas on your rounds. Before you hit a shot you tell the watch which club you hit and it learns and gives recommendations on which club to hit. Also if you link it to your phone it gives plays like distances and adjust depending on slope,weather etc. This mode can be switched off for completion use. And will just give basic distance I formation.

I prefer the Samsung as it is not as big as the garmin and it feels better on my wrist.

Ridgeman

Visit site
I have the active 2 golf buddy edition. I changed from the s60 and i prefer the Samsung. I use it as my day to day watch as i have a Samsung phone.
As for battery life i can get around 3 days normal use. A round of golf takes around 20-30%.
The golf buddy edition comes preloaded with the golf buddy app which gives a hole view as we as front , middle,back distances.
I also bought golf pad GPS which is around £17 for the year and is good tracking stats . It gives strikes gained stas on your rounds. Before you hit a shot you tell the watch which club you hit and it learns and gives recommendations on which club to hit. Also if you link it to your phone it gives plays like distances and adjust depending on slope,weather etc. This mode can be switched off for completion use. And will just give basic distance I formation.

I prefer the Samsung as it is not as big as the garmin and it feels better on my wrist.
Thanks for that. The golf pad GPS lifetime is being thrown in with the deal. I use iphone and while I can get the app not too sure about the connectivity compared to Samsung phones.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that. The golf pad GPS lifetime is being thrown in with the deal. I use iphone and while I can get the app not too sure about the connectivity compared to Samsung phones.
You mean golf buddy, my watch has golf buddy for life . To be honest I prefer the simplicity of the golf buddy app. I also have shotscope so I use that in rounds I want to capture stats as I do not like having my phone with me when I play golf.

Ridgeman

Visit site
You mean golf buddy, my watch has golf buddy for life . To be honest I prefer the simplicity of the golf buddy app. I also have shotscope so I use that in rounds I want to capture stats as I do not like having my phone with me when I play golf.
Not golf buddy. Its premium smart caddie for life