Garden mirror

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking to get a mirror for the garden to work on my swing. Something cheap or even free.

Anyone know what they are made of because I’m not even sure what to search for! I’d rather have one of those plasticky ones (or whatever material they are) rather than glass which will just end up in pieces I’m sure!

JonW

Visit site
For my first attempt, I got six A3 sized acryllic mirror sheets from ebay and mounted them on some 0.5" ply wood. However, I'd strongly recommend against doing that as each of the six flexed slightly differently, so it looked like the hall of funny mirrors at Blackpool - either that, or that's just how my swing actually looks! :oops:

For my second attempt, I just got a 5'x1' glass mirror that my brother-in-law was throwing out. I'd like it a bit wider ideally, but it goes away easily in the garage.

However, I often find it easier just to turn the lights off in the inside the house and use the reflection in the kitchen window - Don't think the wife likes cooking in the dark though, so it's often not ideal! :devilish:

You might also want to consider where the sun comes from. My mother-in-law's decorative mirror in her garden caused a burn on her (artificial) grass. :cool:

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For my first attempt, I got six A3 sized acryllic mirror sheets from ebay and mounted them on some 0.5" ply wood. However, I'd strongly recommend against doing that as each of the six flexed slightly differently, so it looked like the hall of funny mirrors at Blackpool - either that, or that's just how my swing actually looks! :oops:

For my second attempt, I just got a 5'x1' glass mirror that my brother-in-law was throwing out. I'd like it a bit wider ideally, but it goes away easily in the garage.

However, I often find it easier just to turn the lights off in the inside the house and use the reflection in the kitchen window - Don't think the wife likes cooking in the dark though, so it's often not ideal! :devilish:

You might also want to consider where the sun comes from. My mother-in-law's decorative mirror in her garden caused a burn on her (artificial) grass. :cool:

Haha 🤣

Thanks for the tips. I’ve used the reflection in the back door before but can be quite restrictive. There are several pegs from the washing line in the neighbours’ gardens!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The thing is with mirrors is it’s not a natural swing as you are looking in the mirror instead of at the ball.
Better record it on your phone and watch properly.