Game golf

Chris1980

Head Pro
Visit site
Just looking some info. Just returned to golf after 3 years out and now a member of a club again. I'm interested in Game Golf but not sure if I've missed the boat as in has the novelty of the concept wore off. I'm also confused about what one I would need to buy as i don't want to be looking at data on the course. Any info/ opinions gratefully received.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right game golf is one of the best tracking devices (in my opinion) out there and really helps focus my game..

I personally have live. I don’t see the need to upgrade to pro as tagging is part of my routine now so doesn’t affect me.. if you have concerned about taggging then maybe pro is for you.

So the low down for a round for me..

Turn on device, download course on app via phone, hit start round then put my phone away.

I tag every shot. End of round I go on my phone and click end round.. when I get home I go on the app and make sure the shots add up correctly then sign the card job done

Next day or whenever I’m bored I’ll look at the stats.. where I lost most shots.. where I need to practice

I can see all my mates rounds (5 of us have it so really good for a little group, we have a yearly birdie comp)

Can see average hits with clubs so you get a true idea how far a club goes

Can see how good or bad your putting really is

Basically there is so much info I don’t even scratch the surface!

Chris1980

Head Pro
Visit site
Right game golf is one of the best tracking devices (in my opinion) out there and really helps focus my game..

I personally have live. I don’t see the need to upgrade to pro as tagging is part of my routine now so doesn’t affect me.. if you have concerned about taggging then maybe pro is for you.

So the low down for a round for me..

Turn on device, download course on app via phone, hit start round then put my phone away.

I tag every shot. End of round I go on my phone and click end round.. when I get home I go on the app and make sure the shots add up correctly then sign the card job done

Next day or whenever I’m bored I’ll look at the stats.. where I lost most shots.. where I need to practice

I can see all my mates rounds (5 of us have it so really good for a little group, we have a yearly birdie comp)

Can see average hits with clubs so you get a true idea how far a club goes

Can see how good or bad your putting really is

Basically there is so much info I don’t even scratch the surface!
Thanks very much for that Paul👍

albie999

Visit site
Question on Game Golf, I understand that you Tag your clubs, so it recognises the shot, however, am using My Round pro at the money, and have my phone mounted on my trolley, so I can see the course, and what distances to hit to certain areas etc, does Game Golf also have this Map function, so as well as tagging, you can see the course you are playing?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Question on Game Golf, I understand that you Tag your clubs, so it recognises the shot, however, am using My Round pro at the money, and have my phone mounted on my trolley, so I can see the course, and what distances to hit to certain areas etc, does Game Golf also have this Map function, so as well as tagging, you can see the course you are playing?

yes it does

if you open the app whilst playing you can see the map of the course

it does use a bit of battery though so be careful as its always talking to your GG device via bluetooth