Fuel Prices , how much and where

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I run 2 cars , My BMW 535D Touring Msport and a Fiesta Van my company gives me , Both diesel and the best price I get locally is 111p at the top of Ashley Road here in Parkstone in Poole Dorset , what price you guys getting and where , hear there is a price war about to start with the supermarkets , good news for us I say :thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wow! I had seen an independent garage near me selling at 106.8 and i thought that was low!

our local tesco was doing the same price last week, no idea what it is this week. guy i was speaking to from the oil industry rec it was going to drop below $40 a barrel at some point.

scottbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
It's actually crept up round here. Last week 1 garage reduced to 104.9 so they all followed. This week they all back at 107.9 - robbing bar stewards

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A petrol station in Birmingham is selling unleaded at 97.7 p

I live five minutes from this petrol station. I drove past earlier this evening and his price had been removed from the LCD display thing on the front of the forecourt. Harvest (the franchise) are always slightly cheaper than other fuel sellers. There are other petrol stations in the South Brum area that are not far off this price. I paid £1.02 a litre at a petrol station in Cotteridge, Birmingham, yesterday morning.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I live five minutes from this petrol station. I drove past earlier this evening and his price had been removed from the LCD display thing on the front of the forecourt. Harvest (the franchise) are always slightly cheaper than other fuel sellers. There are other petrol stations in the South Brum area that are not far off this price. I paid £1.02 a litre at a petrol station in Cotteridge, Birmingham, yesterday morning.

Midlands Today said they'd sold out.

C

c1973

20p off a litre of unleaded with my clubcard at Tesco. Worked out at 87p, not too shabby, especially when you're putting in a full tank. :)

D

Deleted Member 1156

20p off a litre of unleaded with my clubcard at Tesco. Worked out at 87p, not too shabby, especially when you're putting in a full tank. :)

How much do you spend a week/month to get that much discount? We have a clubcard but don't spend huge amounts in Tesco.

C

c1973

How much do you spend a week/month to get that much discount? We have a clubcard but don't spend huge amounts in Tesco.

Dunno tbh. Use the Tesco metro? as our local shop, so pretty much everything I eat or drink comes from them. It's not long in adding up.

Edit: everything except for a nice wee bottle of red I've found in Morrison's for a tenner. :)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I run 2 cars , My BMW 535D Touring Msport and a Fiesta Van my company gives me , Both diesel and the best price I get locally is 111p at the top of Ashley Road here in Parkstone in Poole Dorset , what price you guys getting and where , hear there is a price war about to start with the supermarkets , good news for us I say :thup:

I run a 545i Msport and Premium Unleaded is £1.72. Don't hate me but that is the gallon, not litre price. I could never in a million dreams own a V8 in the UK at those fuel prices.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Its something I signed up to last year also, you can get it at Esso garages also, I'm lazy though because both are out of the natural way I go, so I use Morrisons which tend to be the cheapest displayed prices in the area and I get my Nectar points also :smirk:

G

guest100718

Great if you drive a car, but I don't suppose the train company will give me some cashback!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
another big +1 for the Tesco Scheme. For every £50 you spend in store you get 2p off per litre, doesnt have to be in one shop, you can do a bit here and a bit there, it keeps count.

Wife spends about £100 a week so that adds up to 20p ish per month and with Christmas just finished, we were up to 36p this month.

So I filled up at 92p a litre last week using the max 20p per visit and I can use the other 16p per litre before the end of January.
happy days, cant remember when I was last able to fill up for under £50

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great if you drive a car, but I don't suppose the train company will give me some cashback!
It's much easier for them to push the prices up instead. And they wonder why more people don't use the train!

If any government is serious about reducing the number of cars on the road, they will need a fair size overhaul of the public transport system.