Freecaddie GPS Software Review.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Right. Where were we?

Ah, yes. All of this is from memory but the on-site Freecaddie forum is good for ansers as the developer 'hangs out' there!

Free 'Freecaddie' courses can only be downloaded through a desk / lap top link to the phone. The process should be straight forward. Though if this is your first windows mobile phone, the way things done / filed etc might get a bit confusing. Though it's all very easy.

But I'd check the FC forum initially as I'm finding it hard to describe how to go about things. Especially as I don't know at what 'level' you're at.

That's not a derogitory statement by the way, For all I know you could be a bit of a whiz on techie things generally!

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
howdy, cheers for all your info. very useful. I managed to figure it out last night. i emailed the course file to my gmail account and opened that up on my mobile. I then copy and pasted the attachment from the mail to the relevent courses folder within windows mobile. all is working very well now. I know know how many yards away my living room is from the 1st green at my course! - around 27,458 yards! I really should think about moving to somewhere closer to home!

i'm going to get more courses now. :)

THJahar

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm going to add my tuppence here too.
Freecaddie is AWESOME! (look I used shouty caps and everything)
I'm running the pro version on my Sony Ericcson X1 and I can't fault it.
Even if your course is not on the site yet (alot are) you can create them via google maps, and it's suprisingly accurate.
And you can't go wrong with the price FREE! And definetly can't grumble if you upgrade to the pro version at $24 (about 14 quid)
Only thing is, it does eat the battery, you must go out fully charged (i've usually got 20-30% left after a round)

And finally they've released new additions for other phones including:
iPhone
Java phones
Blackberrys

Warren

Club Champion
Visit site
Just read about Hackers review for freecaddie in this months GM. I downloaded, installed & used it today. Really useful. Thanks for the recommendation HH i've already passed it on to a friend. :cool: :cool: