Free swing check

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I'm no pro.....but I can almost guarantee you now that the swing you have recorded and posted there is not your real swing ;)

Its all well & good having a lovely, controlled, flowing practice swing in the back garden.....put a ball & fairway in front of you and i bet your swing looks nothing like that one! lol

My two-penneth, and again I must stress i'm no pro - you're over swinging your club on your back swing.

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
My two-penneth, and again I must stress i'm no pro - you're over swinging your club on your back swing.

I'd say so! If you could stop your swing as per the left hand picture then I'd say you have the basis for an excellent swing. It's a bit long, loose and probably inconsistant right now.

swing.gif

Regards...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Sportbilly.
Did you want a general opinion from us forumers or did you want the GM expert to comment on your swing?
Its a nice change to see a nice clear video and quality.
One comment if I may.
As others have already mentioned, if you could film your swing on the course hitting balls that would be a big help.
Ideally, one view from face on, as you have done and one looking down the line of your swing would be even better :D

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
Sportbilly

I agree with all the posts. A swing in the garden will look a lot different to a swing on the range, the same a swing on the range will look very different to a swing on the golf course. Ideally I would always video peoples swing when out on the course. This is a truer assesment of ones motion.

If, your swing on the course is similar to the one in the garden. Be aware of 2 things
At the top of your swing your weight should be mostly on your right side (60/70%) This will give you more room as you swing through to your follow through.

I would also encourage you to develop a wider position at the top of the swing (there should be swom room between the club and your head at the top of the swing, you will see your arms are very close to your head)

If you do get wider and get more weight onto your right hand side it will develop a motion that eventually hits the
ball a lot futher. Be aware that you will feel a long way away from the ball but if you finish your swing well then you will improve your direction and contact.

Let me know how you get on, even if you video a swing in the back garden try and get wide and get your weight onto your right side

Neil Plimmer