Forfar golf club.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to play Forfar for the first time this morning. If I remember correctly there was a forum member played there, but I can't think who it was.
I think maybe Toad has played it a few times though.

http://www.forfargolfclub.com/index.php

Anyway, the point is that in days gone past I would, for whatever reasons, reserve my best golf for away days from my home course. I could always put a decent round together whereas I would constantly have a nightmare round my home track.
Recently though, I've been playing as well as ever at home with my last three rounds net 69,62,59. I'm just kind of hoping that the situation hasn't reversed itself and I can still put a good round together today. Does anyone else have this kind of pattern?
I'll obviously report back this afternoon.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My game is like a yoyo. Completely unpredictable. I always used to play well away from home, but now, can't even guarantee that.
You might need to buy a poncho to go with that sombrero though.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played the 36 holer there in May AF. Greens were rock solid (but good) and it was hard to stop the ball however that was back in the Summer, now its June ;) and the rain is coming down at every opportunity it should be easier to get some control on them.

Our course is closed today (rain). Am tempted to go for a wee drive myself to find somewhere to play. Seems a waste of a day off!!

I'm the opposite from you. My play at away comps this year has been shocking. So much so I've withdrawn from the 36 holer at Murcar this weekend, as much as I was looking forward to playing the course I just can't face another 0.2 day....

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back. Soaked and very happy. 78 (Net68) 5 bogies, 1 double and a treble. Only one birdie.
Weather was dreadful, but the course was very enjoyable. You're right about the fairways Mass, very seldom do you get a flat lie.
Just need to get some cards in while I'm in this form.