FOreeeeeeee

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
On a quite 18 holes last night I was walking up the seventh after placing my iron off the tee in the fairway, feeling smug with myself, when all of a sudden I felt something hitting my leg..... I looked down to see a golf ball trickle by me..... not a shout of foreee from anywhere. The guy that struck the ball just waved his arm. Fair enough it wasnt going hard but a courteous fore would have been nice....they would of had a laugh watching me jump like a jessie as you do.
It was a total mishit going 90 degrees offline. The annoying thing was I ended up with an 8....Thou still managed a 9 over par for 9 holes 22 over for 18. So it was enjoyable.

Any other stories of either being the forerr or the foree...

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi
I have had a few very close calls and have had a recent experience of being the forerr and the foree at the same time (I managed to get hit with my own ball, read my earlier post, 1st golf injury for the full story).
From experience getting hit hurts like crazy

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got held up yesterday and a 4ball caught us up because we couldn't go anywhere.

After playing tee shots and walking up for our next shot, we had to wait several minutes. I actually duffed my drive and it only went about 180.

Just as the area in front cleared I got down to play my second and just before I was to unleash a 4iron, a ball landed 10 yards to my right! I looked back to the tee to see some chap picking up his tee and going back to his bag! I had a good mind to tee up his ball and send it him back! 10 yards is too close for my liking and he didnt even call it!

A polite word on the next tee and they gave us enough time to clear!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Once saw a bloke hit by his own wife who was playing behind him. We were on the patio at my place looking back up the 9th,drink had been taken and I genuinely thought I was going to wet myself.

Once when I had the "Macbeths" hit one between my legs and caught my mate on the elbow,it made that horrible wet noise and he had to lie down for a bit. Mind you so did the other guys they were laughing so hard cos he had just announced how stupid they were to be standing on the right of me when I had a short iron on my hands!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its hard not to laugh...

I play some squash and when the other player gets hit on the arse/back/leg and crumples to the ground you cant help but double up with laughter. Having received a few squash hits the ball leaves a nice bruise for a few days.

I also got struck on the thigh at 5 a side and you could see the ball design on my leg for 2 weeks.

Check out some mad folk on youtube standing in front of someone with a driver..... you can see the dimples from the golf ball on the body...total nuts but agaijn really funny.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have had to yell out on a number of occasions since I joined my current club as there a number of holes where you are driving roughly in the direction of other tees. The eighth has the 11th and 12th tees to the left and within driving range whilst the 12th drives back over a stream with the eighth tee on the left.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On an early round for me was on the 17th green, a long par three. Mate was down on a put as a ball flew through the green. No call of any kind.

The tee for the 18th is back from the 17th green and to the left. Was aware the group behind were on the green when I teed up.

I caught the ball off the tee a treat, unfortunately it went off to the right, towards the back of the 17th green where the fella was stood who sent he tee shot through the green.

Fore was called by me and the lad I was with and the ball flew through the legs of the fella.

Despite not call from him I apologised as I headed to my ball and was totally ignored!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Okay so we've all been misfortunate to have one or two close calls with balls heading towards us, however.

I will admit that one Sat morning, playing with myself :D on a shortish par 4. A 4 ball was in front and being a bit slow, I didn't mind as I had nowhere special to be that day. I tee'd up, waited until the group were 260 /270 yards ahead, and had already taken their 2nd shots. I normally at that time was only hitting 190 / 200 yard drives, so I thought that I'd tee off with the driver. Woah, the ball touched down 20 odd yards behind them and rolled out between them. I shouted fore, but I think they couldn't have heard it as it was windy.

Anyway, I ran from the tee all the way to the green, stood quietly as they putted out, and then stepped forward with my apology. They were gracious enough and said that it was a good drive! I did explain that I was 'unlucky!' with that drive as it was untypical.

So what I'm saying is that we've all had 'idiots' almost clout us, but lets also admit to our own mishaps. We weren't all rockstars from the start you know!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As one who actually got struck by a tee shot last year I can tell you that it does hurt. Playing our 3rd I was only about 230 or so from the tee (it was playing into the wind) and had just hit my 2nd to the green and was watching it finish when a bloke on the tee drove off. It bounced once and caught me flush in the back knocking me to the floor.

As I stayed down in pain (and shock) I think he was a bit worried and he wandred down to see if I was alright. Said something about not thinking he could get there. All I wanted to do was a) be able to stand up and b) smash his teeth in (but knew it would be me chucked out of the club).

After about 20 minutes I was ok to carry on (I was marking a medal card) but could hardly swing and struggled to carry the bag. The bloke came up and offered his apologies afterwards making sure it was in front of a crowd and so I smile politely and said little. I was going to write a letter of complaint (it crossed my mind to seek legal advice as well) but in the end following advice at the time from fellow forum members I let sleeping dogs lie. I still don't give the bloke the time of day and he knows he did wrong and I'm pretty sure he knows that given the right situation I am still liable to take retribution. Oh and by the way, not a shout of fore from the idiot or his companions.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am sure we all have stories like that.

Mine was at my current club.

On the First with a couple of seniors in a pick up game. Waiting for the couple in front to get out of range (lovely people,play 9 every day at 2 o'clock). The 2 guys play and I wait,and I wait,wind against I wait till I am convinced Tiger could not get there,absolutely crush it and hit his trolley on the first bounce!

Didnt play approach shot picked up and walked to second tee to apologise, was met with a volley of abuse fit for a sailor! I wanted to hug them,didnt accept my apology for 2 months,thats why we dont speak German, God bless them.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yup been floored too by wayward tee shot.

Was playing the 4 th green at Horsehay, Telford when guy drove off 7th tee and pulled it left , called Fore a nano second before it wacked the inside of my right knee and floored me. Fairplay he did apologise.

Had to call fore couple of times at Patshull on the 13th a shortist par 4 when driven the green with following wind.

Luckily for them have very loud Fore shout so had plenty of notice, not so lucly for folks in front of me at Rugby games tho !!!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have been hit in the side of the head by a full on six iron from about 150 yards. No shout, nothing. Really loud bonging noise, and hurt like heck. Worst off, couldn't even swear at the guy who hit it because he was a vicar.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A few rounds ago I was walking up the first after hitting my second shot. A ball bounced past me and carried on for a few more yards. I looked back and there was someone I knew gesticulating at the person on the tee. I waited for them to come up and discovered the culprit was an eight year old. His grandad had taken him on the course for his first hit. I compared our tee shots at the second and he was fifty yards longer than me.
:mad:

Red_Eyes

Medal Winner
Visit site
Last week when preparing a neat little chip out of some trees I was distracted by the sound of ball on birch only to see the little white fellow drop into to the longish grass beside me. I looked to see from whence the little chap had came only to be assisted by a gent waving his arm. Speak he did not. Should he have forwarned me about the imminent arrival of his ball I would have been predisposed to tell him where it was, as was the case i was more disposed to tell him where to shove it. Alas i didn't. I wonder if he found it.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
But have any of you been hit by your own playing partner? I know someone who had played their tee shot and proceeded to stand with his trollie that was 3 or 4 yards in front and to the left of the tee, with his partner (a very reliable 5 handicapper) about to tee off, confident that he could hit another drive down the middle. He however shanked the ball completely and whilst this meant that it was not travelling as fast as it could have been it caught the guy straight in the chest and left a nasty bruise. Moral of the story never stand in front of the tee no matter who is playing!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Before I started playing,met a bloke at an American Football do who had a pad over his eye and a bandage round his head. Over a beer asked him what had happened...he had been standing to the side and in front of his mate who was teeing off,mate toes it right into his eye,hits him square in the socket and blinds him!!

I never ever stand in front of someone!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone else had to shout fore to warn people behind them. Hit a low scuttling drive off the first tee which hit the wooden tee marker on the ladies tee giving just enough time to shout fore before it shot behind me into the practice nets.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My brother had a horrible one a couple of years ago, got to the 16th a guy was on the fairway but let him through.

My brother hit his drive towards the guy who was watching him tee off so as my brother shouted fore he dived next to a tree, the ball proceeded to miss him, hit a tree and bounced straight back into the guys face smashing his glasses and causing him to lose his left eye.

That's why everytime a ball comes within 5 yards of me I get a little bit hot under the collar!

Once had a 2 ball let me through I ripped a 3 wood off the tee walked to my ball happy as larry lined up my next shot and heard a thud as a ball landed right next to me! Took me about 30 seconds to get back to the tee to less than politely explain that if he did that again I would force feed him his clubs his bag and his fat ****** mate if he did that again!

It's the only time I get angry on a golf course!