Fore! Profit Warnings for Golf Bettors

A

Alex1975

Welcome to the forum. I have a mental block when it comes to gambling, I just cant do it so I am not going to be much help in any of your posts but enjoy the forum and maybe I shall learn something.

planey2k

Hacker
Visit site
welcome :)

wd last week, tough game to get right week in week out, will keep an eye out for future blog updates

Thanks Fundy.. I read articles / listen to podcasts from a number of betting tipsters, punters and broadcasters to inform my selections but as fortune as had it, every week since I've been writing for GM, I've had some profitable returns!

Must be an omen..

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
come one then Dave. who is the sensible money on for this weekends action at Wentworth. wont hold you to it! honest!

PS. welcome! :)

planey2k

Hacker
Visit site
come one then Dave. who is the sensible money on for this weekends action at Wentworth. wont hold you to it! honest!

PS. welcome! :)

Haha .. that's why I review the weekend's betting retrospectively mate.. I leave the tipping to the lads with the crystal balls!!

I'll post up my selections tomorrow evening pal...

DP

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks Fundy.. I read articles / listen to podcasts from a number of betting tipsters, punters and broadcasters to inform my selections but as fortune as had it, every week since I've been writing for GM, I've had some profitable returns!

Must be an omen..

have followed you on twitter, i mainly trade/punt the cricket but do a bit on the golf (and follow a few of the shrewdies) so good to add another to my follow list :)

planey2k

Hacker
Visit site
have followed you on twitter, i mainly trade/punt the cricket but do a bit on the golf (and follow a few of the shrewdies) so good to add another to my follow list :)

Ok, been doing a bit of odds-checking and think Kaymer (33/1 paddy power) & Grace (50/1 Betfred) look value to dethrone Luke and break the mould of English winners at Wentworth (5/7 in recent years)

planey2k

Hacker
Visit site
I've read this blog for a bit and noticed you've had quite a bit of success. That said as a punter who likes a punt how can you rate all 5 selections as 2 pointers?

Law of averages picking 5 every week you'll get a couple right across the season.

Hi Stuart - hope you enjoyed the blog content.. I try to make it informative and irreverant.. but I don't understand why you think I rate all my selections as 2 pointers.. ah.. I think you're thinking of the tipping blog / "betting guide"... http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/tours.../bmw-pga-championship-golf-betting-guide.html

MY blog is the retrospective "betting blog" http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/tours...talk/531325/golf-betting-blog-dave-plane.html ... maybe they need more distinct titles eh?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
was slightly tongue in cheek as i know you post them elsewhere but does seem a strange brief, not sure im that fussed reading someones betting review if i havent read their preview though

D

Deleted member 1740

Hi Stuart - hope you enjoyed the blog content.. I try to make it informative and irreverant.. but I don't understand why you think I rate all my selections as 2 pointers.. ah.. I think you're thinking of the tipping blog / "betting guide"... http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/tours.../bmw-pga-championship-golf-betting-guide.html

MY blog is the retrospective "betting blog" http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/tours...talk/531325/golf-betting-blog-dave-plane.html ... maybe they need more distinct titles eh?

I'm referring to your weekly preview on this GM site, you pick 5 players and rate them at 2pts ew.

what is your pts profit upto now?

planey2k

Hacker
Visit site
I'm referring to your weekly review on this GM site, you pick 5 players and rate them at 2pts ew.

I only write the retrospective blog .. the weekly betting review is authored by someone else.. agree the 2pts staking plan is somewhat non-sensical IMO. As I'm not a tipster I can't tell you my pts profit - I can tell you the cash profit if you like!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm referring to your weekly preview on this GM site, you pick 5 players and rate them at 2pts ew.

I think thats somebody different isnt it? Is it Nick Bonfield or something like that?

Staking plan didnt make sense to me either, cant see it profiting like that.

planey2k

Hacker
Visit site
exactly.. Nick and Tom Clarke write the tipping column.. I am an independent gambler looking back at the weekend with a "what we could have won" perspective, and trying to seek out form for the future.. I prefer to report my bets in cash staked / won / lost as I think that's how most "normal" punters talk about their gambling travails.. for guidance, my "point" in golf is £25 (as it is in racing).. in football it's £50, in darts £100, in "next everton manager" about a fiver and in cycling £10!