For those who carry a 2-iron..

D

Deleted member 1147

What is the loft on that club?
I’ve got a G700 4-iron with the Powerspec loft and it’s just 18.5*. It’s quite chunky though and wondering what the Cross-over would be like.
It’s 17* - not too chunky

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I considered it back when I couldn't find a fairway wood I could hit. I had an old forgiving Big Bertha 3 iron from someone on here (around 20°) which I hit ok for a while. Also tried a GAPR early in the year, mixed bag of results. But my iron striking isn't the best and my swing speed isn't the quickest, so a proper driving iron probably isn't for me. Eventually I tried the F9 five wood and found I finally had a fairway wood I can hit well, so I haven't looked back since.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I carry a 3i as it came with the set. That said, I do use it quite a lot for shots into a stiffer breeze when my 3i hybrid is likely to balloon. It's also my 'go to' club for punching out low when amongst trees or when I need to hit through a tight gap between trees.

Last edited:

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I use a gap-r lo 15.5 degree, the look of the club does absolutely nothing for me but it's the perfect penetrating trajectory I want from it. Tried the new sim and and was just launching it too high as I do with most other driving irons. Every shot looks the same and thats exactly what I want from it, it seriously helps me visualize the shot as it's sop repetitive and my confidence is sky high with it. I always hit it off the first to get the round off to a steady start even though driver is perfectly feasible.

There is par 4 at my course aptly called 'temptation' it's around 270 yards and I genuinely can't remember the last time I didn't hit the green with my 2 iron. It's just the perfect club it lands short trickles on perfectly with the undulations and has give me 2 eagles this season. OOB Left and that's my miss and has ruined my round on several occasions when opting for an alternative wood/hybrid.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a Wilson 2 iron in the day, specifically for our 5th and 9th. Number of times it came off compared to the mistakes meant it was sacked off. These days I'm happy with my 3H for the longer par 3's and push comes to shove I'll hit a 3W into the wind