For anybody that remembers the big storm at Cooden....

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd love the lightning storm to come in again. Luckily it started to roll in after we'd finished playing and we all stood outside watching it approach from over the channel. It was absolutely awesome, one of the most dramatic storms I have ever witnessed.

I do love watching a good storm!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Remember on the patio under a massive umbrella, think with Rich and Wookie. It certainly was impressive.
Remember being worried about Slasher on the trip home, after getting diverted for an accident. As he'd left earlier then most and wasn't renowned for his safe driving :p

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Storm?
Pah, I've seen bigger storms in a bit of light drizzle on the Torpoint ferry ?

Try the Bay of Biscay in a Force 9 when you get thrown up by a goffer ? and then hit another one on the way down ??

Errr......... we weren't on a boat.
And I was talking more of the intensity of the electrical storm
;););)

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember that evening well. I'd have loved to go storm chasing in the US

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Remember on the patio under a massive umbrella, think with Rich and Wookie. It certainly was impressive.
Remember being worried about Slasher on the trip home, after getting diverted for an accident. As he'd left earlier then most and wasn't renowned for his safe driving :p

Sounds familiar. It was a horrific drive home with standing water all over the place. I remember swapping notes with @Oxfordcomma at the BP at the bottom of the A23 about the utter morons taking on the blind overtakes.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Was that the night Slasher and I, possibly more got stuck on the main road for an hour after someone had a massive accident? I think we left before the storm really bit, and saw it all from the cars, while waiting for the road to open.