For all those with chipping demons.

www.hiltonpark.net
Great article, thanks for sharing but I was hoping for the miracle cure at the end :)

Chipping is definitely the part of the game that never works for me. It must be lovely to just walk up and know you're going to make a perfect connection every time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like he's just unable or unwilling to listen to other people's advice. :LOL: I have a mate like that, he struggles with chipping, I've told him to try the 8 iron putting stroke kind of technique, and he just says "can't do it" and goes back to duffing it with a wedge.

Not saying I'm a short game wizard, but I can never understand how anyone struggles that much with chipping. As the author says, it should be one of the easiest aspects of the game, particular when you don't have obstacles to go over. Just a simple back and through and get it anywhere on the green. Crazy how the human brain can get in your own way on a simple task really.

Newnsy

Visit site
Sounds like he's just unable or unwilling to listen to other people's advice. :LOL: I have a mate like that, he struggles with chipping, I've told him to try the 8 iron putting stroke kind of technique, and he just says "can't do it" and goes back to duffing it with a wedge.

Not saying I'm a short game wizard, but I can never understand how anyone struggles that much with chipping. As the author says, it should be one of the easiest aspects of the game, particular when you don't have obstacles to go over. Just a simple back and through and get it anywhere on the green. Crazy how the human brain can get in your own way on a simple task really.

Haha 100% agree my brain messes me up every time.

On the chipping green I'm great would even go as far as saying I look like I know what I'm doing, but on the course don't stand in front of me because the ball is coming at head height at 200mph !!!!!!!

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Great article, thanks for sharing but I was hoping for the miracle cure at the end :)

Chipping is definitely the part of the game that never works for me. It must be lovely to just walk up and know you're going to make a perfect connection every time.

I've played with Dan since we were 11 and he used to have the best short game in junior golf. We're still mates and have both suffered in the past 20+ years with some chronic chyips

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
great read :) Bronty chip master on order. there is no cure for me.

Hybrid chipping with open face only option :-( looks crap feels crap #TheDarkART

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Buy a high bounce wedge. Learn that you can let the club bottom out a touch before the ball and get the club to slide into the ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have tried many methods over the years and it'll always be a weak point in the game but maybe I am equally as stubborn as the guy in the article but I simply think with practice, sticking to one method and plenty of hard work I can get it to somewhere functional

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have tried many methods over the years and it'll always be a weak point in the game but maybe I am equally as stubborn as the guy in the article but I simply think with practice, sticking to one method and plenty of hard work I can get it to somewhere functional

Try Paul Foston, his method is easy and works well

evemccc

Visit site
Didn’t personally think that was a worthwhile read - really far too long, verbose and melodramatic.

Quite insulting to Faldo esp when given 90 minutes of instruction, and no need to insert his views on Corey Pavin’s beliefs either. I was half-expecting him to tell us what he thought about Brexit / Covid too