Flat Swing

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a lesson a few weeks ago where the pro told me I was too flat.
In essence all he did was show me the correct position and I just copied him, no drills as such really.
To me it felt as though the club was way too far "out and high" but he assured me it would feel odd for a while.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Swingyde will help, instant feedback training aid.

Not its greatest strength imo, as that's not what it's designed to sort out. It's strength is that it promotes a 'proper' wrist set and club-face angle at the top, for the whole range of swings, from steep to flat.

You can use something as an extension of the club to show the plane - a long tee plugged into the hole in the grip works ell and doesn't interfere with the rest of the swing, though a metal coat-hanger can show the plane with minimal disruption.

This is actually 1 area where Explanar and the like are quite useful.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not its greatest strength imo, as that's not what it's designed to sort out. It's strength is that it promotes a 'proper' wrist set and club-face angle at the top, for the whole range of swings, from steep to flat.

You can use something as an extension of the club to show the plane - a long tee plugged into the hole in the grip works ell and doesn't interfere with the rest of the swing, though a metal coat-hanger can show the plane with minimal disruption.

This is actually 1 area where Explanar and the like are quite useful.

its its greatest strength imo as it gets you on plane, tee pegs sticking out the shaft shows the user nothing from their perspective, maybe via multiple angle cameras but who can do that. Explanar is absolute doo do imo and probably why most of them are rusting outside.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
This is by far and away my biggest fault, and it is one which causes a myriad of others, most notably a tendency to come over the top.

My pro has got me working on my position half way back, and I am aiming to achieve two things. At half way the badge on my glove should be pointing directly out in front of me at 90 degrees, and if I was to drop the club at that point it should land parallel to the target line. It's very difficult from that point to swing back too flat.

I'm starting to see the benefit, particularly with the driver, which had always been my weakness.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any drills you guys have tried that can get rid of a flat swing as my position at the top is quite hideous now:(

Flat isnt necessarily a bad thing..... When you say its hideous at the top! In what way?
You might just need to tilt the shoulders down a little more to steepen it rather than trying to lift your hands up......

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
Get an old iron, stand with you bum just off something that could take being hit by a club and swing, hopefully you just skim at the top....that what I did anyway, use to be very flat and laid off at top of backswing my hands always rescued me (so the pro said).

Incidentally, the old club I used had a swingyde and a weight sleeve on it which I feel helped me.