FJ Giveaway...

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My worst one was about 6/7 years ago.

Was a Thursday night and the Europa league was on. I was away with work and working late so decided to stick £10 a 5 fold accumulator on to help pass the time.

At about 80 mins all games were drawing but i was still being offered £12 cash out. So i decided to take it.

I then sat back and watched every result come in with Spurs rounding off the whole bet in the 92nd or so minute for £600. Well absolutely nothing as I took the £12 earlier.

Had to go to bed as couldn't deal with it

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
My mate backed Tommy Bjorn at the European Open at the K Club prior at 33/1 and he was leading by 4 going to the 17th to stuff 3 into the Liffy and taking 11 back in 2005. We left at 16 to beat the crowds as he skiped up the road to later discover his bet had tanked.

I remember it well and wondering if anyone had backed him, bet Kenny Ferrie couldn't believe his luck - that must have been a quiet journey home

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
My worst one was about 6/7 years ago.

Was a Thursday night and the Europa league was on. I was away with work and working late so decided to stick £10 a 5 fold accumulator on to help pass the time.

At about 80 mins all games were drawing but i was still being offered £12 cash out. So i decided to take it.

I then sat back and watched every result come in with Spurs rounding off the whole bet in the 92nd or so minute for £600. Well absolutely nothing as I took the £12 earlier.

Had to go to bed as couldn't deal with it

You've just reminded me of a very dark spread bet where I opposed Redknapp and McManaman's points - from the 36th minute onwards I was going to lose money and every time they passed the ball to one another in Man Utd's half it cost me £8. A very grim evening. At least you won £12!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You've just reminded me of a very dark spread bet where I opposed Redknapp and McManaman's points - from the 36th minute onwards I was going to lose money and every time they passed the ball to one another in Man Utd's half it cost me £8. A very grim evening. At least you won £12!

That is very true. Getting any money back is an achievement! But it still hurts to this day!

How does that bet work? Sounds like it can only go wrong haha

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me, when it comes to Betting I don’t get it. If I watch football, trust me my adrenalin don’t rush coz Ave bet there’s gonna be between 8 and 10 corners In a game of football. Again I don’t get excited betting on someone winning a Major.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
That is very true. Getting any money back is an achievement! But it still hurts to this day!

How does that bet work? Sounds like it can only go wrong haha

The clever bet was to 'sell' the away midfielders who were always over-priced. You get 2pts for a pass in opportunity half, 5 assist, -5 for booking etc as the away team generally didn't see much of the ball. They were quoted about 45 pts each and normally made up at mid 20s. Got greedy and opposed them at home and they stuffed Man Utd. That was in 2001 and probably my last spread bet. The fun stopped so thankfully I did too.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
In 2006 I thought I had a perfect Champions League acca. 14 teams over the 2 nights. Last one was Barca to beat Chelsea and it flashed up Barcelona 2 - 1 Chelsea.
I couldn't believe it, I had won. £50k off a tenner. Bouncing around the living room.

Ecstasy turned to horror as the words "score correction" scrolled across the SSN screen... Bloody Didier Drogba, 90+3 equaliser, last kick of the ball. SSN had jumped the gun and I was suddenly a tenner down.

This might not soften the blow of the 50k.... but you've won a thermal mug

Can you DM me your postal address, cheers